Kind of OT: Given the popularity of the gx-56, I was wondering what you all thought of...

Thread: Kind of OT: Given the popularity of the gx-56, I was wondering what you all thought of...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I live at the bottom of the Sea, in a clam.

Kind of OT: Given the popularity of the gx-56, I was wondering what you all thought of...

Diesel (SBA series for example) watches? They are quite large, but i am drawn to them. They just seem so "Mad Max" if you will and I really like that. What are your thoughts on larger watches like these. I ask because I find that the taste in watches here is top notch (obviously)!

By the way I love the gx-56. just so ya know. :)

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Kind of OT: Given the popularity of the gx-56, I was wondering what you all thought of

can't tell you anything about Diesel watches, never had one. personally I don't like the GX-56, it's a watch that simply makes no sense to me. overly big without purpose, too small digits - something that I neither want nor need.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Re: Kind of OT: Given the popularity of the gx-56, I was wondering what you all thought of

Sorry, but I think of Diesel as 'wear it this year, throw it away next year' watches.

And I don't think extra-large watches are fit for purpose...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Please lets no compare this...

with this...

A G-SHOCK It's always a G-SHOCK (TOKYO TOYS 4 THE BOYS)

Let me put my 2 cents in on this subject. I like GX-56's the bigger the G the better for me. It is one of my favorite new models. Anytime I wear one someone always asks me about it and where did I get it. The King is ok with me.
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

Nearly blew wine down my nose when I looked up that Diesel reference. Oversized Super Bad Ass?? Seriously?

Let them have their market niche. I don't think they were looking for my wallet with that line.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

There's a version of that Diesel with a blue glass that is nice in a totally bonkers way. But expect the face to get scuffed real easily. My orange GX is now constantly on my wrist and I'm looking to buy 2 more this year in black/red/gold etc.

Carrot Make all the collection and for the price of two Diesel of those...

I'm currently missing the Gold One Since I will only collect the non-atomic ones

See that spot on my sign before my orange one it's reserved, and guess what is not for a Bad Ass Diesel... ;)

The Gx-56 is cool. I tried it on and its very comfy and big! Feels great on the wrist. But I don't like how small the digits are. They should be just a LITTLE bit bigger.

I just ordered my first G-Shock since I was a kid and I'm eagerly awaiting delivery...

I tried on a King and I like it.

I have a diesel but it's a much more tame version than anything they're offering now... It's a "rocker" - leather band, rectangular leather pad behind the watch. It's comfortable, not dressy at all, and I hardly wear it. Until my G arrives, my nixon player and Seiko diver get all the wrist time.

I walk past the Diesel counter and smile because they are so god awful and huge. But, to each their own. Someone must be buying these because they've been going in that direction for a while.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information