For Kirk and other G-Shock forum members with kids: Scale Model and Lego Expo (modum burn)

Thread: For Kirk and other G-Shock forum members with kids: Scale Model and Lego Expo (modum burn)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Off topic For Kirk and other G-Shock forum members with kids: Scale Model and Lego Expo (modum burn)

I went to the Scale Model and Lego Expo this Sunday. Kirk asked in the Sunday wrists check thread if I could post "some" pics. I still can only take pis with one hand and the light was pretty dim, but I think I took some interesting pics. Enjoy the pics:

Bram discovered the candy stand pretty fast.

The Meccano stand was new to me. I haven 't seen them in the years before.

Bram's biggest hit every year: The tanks....

Do I spot a G-Shock there?

Wooden trains. Anyone heard of this before?

LGB trains. The G-Shocks under model trains.

Our main goal, the Lego hall. This R2-D2 was a very limited model, probably only sold in the US. Very cool!

Private collection of a 10 year old boy.

Custom made Dutch loc's . You can order them too.

The Dutch "Walkthrough head" train.

Life size Jack Stone

One of my goals of the day, an old model X-Wing Fighter.

One of the nicest new Lego Exclusive sets.

The coolest building at this expo. A custom made Chrysler Building. It's base is 64 x 64 nops, built of over 41000 bricks and it took the builder 7 months to create.

Built by people with a lot of patience...

A food break... We were wandering in the halls for 3 hours already.

BMW Isetta's.

Goal number two (for 50 Gs).

Every part is made by hand and a scale model of the original. It should be able to ride.

And finally trains. Lots of trains in the final hall.

"Look Bram a crocodile"!
    " Where, Where?"
    "Over there, in those Swiss mountains"
    "Oh, that crocodile, I was looking for a green one"
    "Well, these crocodiles are brown, but you have them in green too"
    "no, I meant those crocodiles like I have seen in Africa..."

A HO "Walkthrough Head".

A 2nd generation "Dog Head".

The original "Dog Head" in the first colors (later painted in yellow).

Under guidence Bram is learning how to shunt with a remote controlled US model train track. Bram even got a certificate.

Just before leaving the Expo I saw these " Dog Head" train sets, while I almost triple over a large model tank...

Score of the day:

3 sizes TIE-fighters

I found my X-Wing fighter. I got it for a good price, since the German lady selling this package gave quite some of the money to Bram, so he could buy ice cream. Only the R2-D2 figure was missing. Bram gave me one of his. I ordered one on eBay yesterday

Bram had most fun with this set. "Drumsticks anyone?" He also got some vintage Lego sets and some figures and a Mars Mission thing. (no pics).

I even forgot I bought this Landspeeder charm. Eva found it this morning in her bag.

I will start saving some money for next year. It's too much fun!

I hope you enjoy the pics,

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: For Kirk and other G-Shock forum members with kids: Scale Model and Lego Expo (modum b

Great pics,
    Love that R2D2
    Real men don't need instructions.

Re: For Kirk and other G-Shock forum members with kids: Scale Model and Lego Expo (modum b

>>Great pics Sjors! Looks like a ton'a fun. Thanks for sharing...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

that looks like a lot of fun

the land of a million corrupt govt officials

Sjors, you are one cool dad! Bram must be very happy to have a dad like you!
    "Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in changing fortunes of time." -Max Ehrmann, 1929

Hamilton: ETO | SWAT MultiTouch
    Citizen Minute Repeater BL9000
    Casio: G-Shock G-7710 | Wave Ceptor WVQ-200 | F-91W
    National Geographic Mega Diver 1000m
    Artron Automatic

Hey Sjors, OUTSTANDING SHOTS MY FRIEND!!!

BRAVO!!!!

Thank you for taking me, my daughter and my nephew along on your trip to the expo... Because it certainly felt like it. They loved the trains,the lego castles,and of course the cool candy stand.

I, myself have been fascinated by trains,bridges and tanks ever since I was a boy and your shots brought back very nice memories..:thanks

I adored your shot with the tanks on the battlefield and most of the train sets especially the ones that looked too real to be just scale models. Magnificent.

The X-wing brought me back to memory lane as well..

I think your images have inspired me... Hopefully, I get to dig up the attic at my parent's house in the coming months for my old lego sets and tank,battlefields and plane scale models.

Once again, your shots are wonderfully appreciated buddy, not only by the kids but honestly by the dad as well.

I'm pretty sure you're a great father to Bram and I hope this inspires every other dad in this forum to do the same. Like you Sjors, my daughter is everything to me and I never stop trying to give her the happiest childhood that I can because as we all know it only takes a blink of an eye and the next thing we know, they're grown-ups already and having their own lives.

P.S. - The shot of Bram checking out his score of the day with popcorn and a choco drink is a classic. When you're a kid that's the most wonderful feeling in the world. Sheer bliss.

Thanks Sjors!

best regards,

Kirk M.

GWF-1000-1JF
    GDF-100
    GW-9110-1JF
    GW-9400BJ-1JF
    GD-350-1JF
    G-700D
    DW-9052
    DW-9500
    DW-5900
    DW-7400

Awesome ! Thanks for sharing :thanks

I used to have the full size (non-lego) snow speeder, X-wing and At-At walker, not to mention lots of figures and smaller models when I was a kid. Hey, I was 6 when Star Wars came out.

Great wooden trains.

Looks like loads of fun. Do you guys have caramel on your popcorn like the Belgians Sjors?

Sjors -

I don't do any Lego collecting, but I am a SW collector and a big fan. I see a LOT of that Lego SW stuff here in the US all the time, and being a collector I am familiar with a lot of the stuff from the movies and can recognize a lot of the SW Lego stuff as I see it. Plus I am also CONSTANTLY looking for stuff for myself as it is.

If there is something you want you can't get there I'd be happy to help you get it at cost + whatever shipping is to you over there. I don't if that helps you or not, but I figured I'd offer, plus I thought maybe we could help each other if there is something G-shock related I can't get here?

Let me know, the offer stands at either way. I'm not looking to profit anything out of this, other than helping a fellow SW fan / collector and maybe getting a hook up on stuff I can't get here easily either.

Eric :)
    Eric

Thanks for the wonderful pics Sjors!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information