Knock one off my 2016 list...1st froggy
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Knock one off my 2016 list...1st froggy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yes another frog cherry popped thread...Well I pulled the trigger on a REALLY sweet price for a new GWF1000-1! Have been eye balling it for a while now and the UPS man made my day today.

Initial impressions:

While I do have a wrist that's on the smaller size, it's not bad at all. About the same as my Rangeman as far as "big on the wrist feel," but obviously heavier. I have the frog on the 3rd from last hole due to the really wide lugs and weight, Rangeman I do on the 4th. The buckle edge does dig in to my wrist ever so slightly, can hardly feel it though. I was really worried about the size, but it's kinda mentally smaller in person than how I'd imagined. Totally easy wearing unless you have pencil wrists.

The quality vs other G's like the Rangeman really is a step up. You are paying for the premium feel and that screwback. The extra weight, finish, buttons and style do IMO justify a higher price. Really is something that must be felt to be truly appreciated. Even the resin appears to be softer. My Rangeman does have more functions compared to the frog module, but damn the quality is that much sweeter. I love dive watches and this one is great, most don't do more than tell time and have a rotating bezel, so it's a great deal in my book and very unique. Really going to be tempted in to other colors/ variations down the road, like the blue men in camo not the uber pricy ones. Some of the older black color releases were sweet.

With rumors of an updated frog possibly dropping this summer I was hesitant to buy this, but at a really good price and the probability of a new frog being really high in price initially, this was justified and so glad I did. It won't exactly bottom out in value and if a newer one is ill received who knows.

Small gripes:
    Please let me know if any of you have these issues. Seems like were the straps connect to the main body there is some wiggle, not nice and tight like my Rangeman. Also the auto light on the frog seems really hard to get it to activate, my Rangeman is uber sensitive in that regard and activates amazingly well. Charge on the frog is medium so according to the manual all functions are still enabled. I was wondering if it's at really low on medium, like close to low so that I would need a good couple days of daylight charging to help the auto light work better once at higher levels?

Obligatory glory pics:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454375941.635450.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  523.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454375956.323239.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  659.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454375968.095943.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  513.3 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Knock one off my 2016 list...1st froggy

Congratz! Still one of the nicest G's out there! Enjoy!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
    CK89101 likes this.

Congrads, I love this watch, and I agree that despite the lack of "features", it has a sense of quality not found in most other Gs

About the issues you have, it is normal that the strap has some wiggle around the lugs, it is because the bezel is a two piece design, so on smaller wrist (mine as well), it will lead to the straps being pulled away from the top bezel. Not sure if that makes sense, but mine has the slight play as well and it is completely fine

No idea about the auto EL though. I never use it, so no idea how it compares
    CK89101 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice catch Well done CK89101:)
    Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone 6+
    CK89101 likes this.

Congrats! Mine says "hello!"

The auto EL does not activate smoothly, on my wrist, from my experience. I like my 5600/5610's better in this regard. Another gripe I have is with the time sync, it is the least sensitive G I own, and sometimes won't sync for several days (my other G's will sync properly).

Last edited by ccm123; February 2nd, 2016 at 05:22.
    If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one. ~Cavett Robert

Quote Originally Posted by aalin13 View Post
    Congrads, I love this watch, and I agree that despite the lack of "features", it has a sense of quality not found in most other Gs

About the issues you have, it is normal that the strap has some wiggle around the lugs, it is because the bezel is a two piece design, so on smaller wrist (mine as well), it will lead to the straps being pulled away from the top bezel. Not sure if that makes sense, but mine has the slight play as well and it is completely fine

No idea about the auto EL though. I never use it, so no idea how it compares
    Quote Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
    Congrats! Mine says "hello!"

The auto EL does not activate smoothly, on my wrist, from my experience. I like my 5600/5610's better in this regard. Another gripe I have is with the time sync, it is the least sensitive G I own, and sometimes won'y sync for several days (my other G's will sync properly).

Thanks for the info both of you! Yeah my straps pull away a bit as well. Just being OCD about the new baby, now I feel better. I'm assuming the auto EL on the frog is different than the Rangeman since it rattles. Really sucks if thats the case, but it is an older module. Will find out tonight how well it syncs. Rangeman will only sync in the window so I put them together. Had the atomic 6900 and that one synced everywhere no matter what!

An excellent buying decision CK89101 ... Congratulations on your new Frogman !
    CK89101 likes this.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

Congrats on your new G!
    CK89101 likes this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Congrats! I was a bit skeptical before I bought mine hearing from various sources that frogs do not sync as well as the other Gs, but after I got one I am glad it sync'ed the 2 consecutive nights I left them on my window sill just like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by cbkihong View Post
    Congrats! I was a bit skeptical before I bought mine hearing from various sources that frogs do not sync as well as the other Gs, but after I got one I am glad it sync'ed the 2 consecutive nights I left them on my window sill just like the others.
    Yeah left it out on the window sill last night and it synced fine, very happy!

Appreciate all the congrats from everyone! 🏼️

Edit: So I figured out the auto EL light. The watch must be brought up much higher to activate it as in from level all the way up to eye level and it works every time. I rather prefer it so it doesn't go off and waste battery life constantly like my uber sensitive Rangeman. Another relief that all is in working order... Will be drooling over it all week..

Edit 2: Also I've come to the conclusion that I much rather prefer the resin strap keeper verse the metal. The metal one on the Rangeman, while it looks nice, drives me nuts all day sliding down and not staying put.

Last edited by CK89101; February 2nd, 2016 at 13:23.
    JohnQFord likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information