Know what I love about G-Shocks? They're light!
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Know what I love about G-Shocks? They're light!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Know what I love about G-Shocks? They're light!

Wearing my Mudman this morning. It's a wide, thick watch, but I don't even know I'm wearing it, it's that comfortable.

This week I bought a Seiko SKX009, and I already regret the decision. It's big, heavy and no matter the strap I use, it feels like a brick on my wrist. A really beautiful watch overall, but just too heavy.

I should have spent my money on another G-Shock
    --
    Paul Raposo

Moe: What does your watch say?
    Shemp: It don't say nothing; you've got to look at it.

Re: Know what I love about G-Shocks? They're light!

I think you should give the watch a few days of wrist time. Sometimes transitioning to a heavier watch takes a while.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

Quote Originally Posted by Ottovonn View Post
    I think you should give the watch a few days of wrist time. Sometimes transitioning to a heavier watch takes a while.
    I agree with that, Ottovonn. But this is the second I've owned, and I should have remembered what the watch weighed before buying this one. Maybe break it out in the summer, when I'm a bit more active.
    --
    Paul Raposo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Agree, my rangeman is i think listed at 93g, some g-shockers have said its heavy, suppose it is on G-shock standards, but its so much lighter than my divers, im loving it, feels really light.
    Paul Raposo and Chrisek like this.

I have harped on Casio for resin cases but the fact is they're much more comfortable than stainless steel cases. I just wish they could make the threads for the backplate screws more durable. I'd be nice to have at least steel threaded inserts for those little screws.
    nigelw likes this.

Zulu strap time, methinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Raposo View Post

I should have spent my money on another G-Shock
    For an inexpensive diver, check out the Casio MDV-106.

I have bunch of automatics 3 Seiko monsters, a blue sumo, a Deep Blue bluewater diver to name a few. Yeah they can be heavy on the wrist, but sometimes it's nice to wear something with a little heftyness to it. I say give your new Seiko a chance, and you'll probably grow to liking it.
    When was it ever a question of need?

Omega: Seamaster DeVille, Speedmaster 3523.80, Doxa: Sub 750T Pro GMT #387, Prometheus: S80 #75 of 150, Seiko: Alarm Chrono H249-5069, Chrono Diver 7T32-7E49, Black Monster SKX779K1, Orange Monster SKX781K1, Blue Sumo SBDC003, 5 Sports Blue Mini Monster, 5 Sports White Mini Monster, 5 Sports WSNK841, Type II 7559-601A, Casio: G-Shock DW-5000, PathFinder PRT-50, G-Shock DW-003, G-Shock GA100A-7A, G-Shock GD100HC-1, G-Shock G9000MS-1 Mudman, G-Shock G9000MX-2 Mudman, G-Shock G9000MX-4 Mudman, G-Shock GX56-1A King, G-Shock GW3000B-1A, G-Shock DW6900HM-2, G-ShocK DW6900-1V, SGW-100, G-Shock G5600CC-2DR, G-Shock GXW-56E-1JF King, G-Shock GF-8250ER-2 Frogman, G-Shock DW6930-4ER, G-Shock G-9100-2 Gulfman, G-Shock GX-56-1B King, Citizen: NaviHawk Blue Angels C300-Q00842, Largo Eco Drive BL5142-56P, Promaster 300m Pro Diver BJ8050-08E Ecozilla, Timex: Intelligent Quartz T 2N729, Fossil: Blue Titanium TI-5010, AM-4116, AM-2370, Arkitekt FS-4250...

Quote Originally Posted by Cobia View Post
    Agree, my rangeman is i think listed at 93g, some g-shockers have said its heavy, suppose it is on G-shock standards, but its so much lighter than my divers, im loving it, feels really light.
    Great example, Cobia The Rangeman is a big, complicated watch, but stills sits comfortably on your wrist. I'm saving up for a
    GW-9400J-3JF, and it's good to know it's a comfortable wearer.

Quote Originally Posted by le buzz View Post
    I have harped on Casio for resin cases but the fact is they're much more comfortable than stainless steel cases. I just wish they could make the threads for the backplate screws more durable. I'd be nice to have at least steel threaded inserts for those little screws.
    I know what you mean about the case threads, le buzz. When I took the case back off my 5610, it looked like self-tapping screws that are turned into the case during assembly, creating the threads. A few battery changes and I wonder how long those threads will last

Quote Originally Posted by pakupakuman View Post
    Zulu strap time, methinks!
    Good point, pakupakuman I have it currently on a red, white and blue Nato that came with the watch. I boiled the Z22 strap and put a nice curve on it, but it's still not very comfortable. I was looking at a flat wave strap, but for almost the same price, I can get a Jubilee bracelet, so I'm going with that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchphile View Post
    For an inexpensive diver, check out the Casio MDV-106.
    Hey, that actually looks good, Watchphile Much better than the divers Casio produced in the eighties and early nineties.

Quote Originally Posted by Olyeller68 View Post
    I have bunch of automatics 3 Seiko monsters, a blue sumo, a Deep Blue bluewater diver to name a few. Yeah they can be heavy on the wrist, but sometimes it's nice to wear something with a little heftyness to it. I say give your new Seiko a chance, and you'll probably grow to liking it.
    I agree with wanting something more substantial, Olyeller68 During the summer it's nice to have a heavier watch on my wrist, while I like something lighter in the winter. I've been wearing during the day since I received it on Tuesday, but I still know it's there. I'm thinking when I get it on a Jubilee it will feel much better.
    --
    Paul Raposo

If you can't decide....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Time exists but just on your wrist so don't panic....

Military Watches Collection reviews here

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information