L,M,H VS %
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: L,M,H VS %

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question L,M,H VS %

Would you rather have a battery meter that is L,M,H or % ?
    CASIO GW-M5610-1 & PULSAR PQ2011

Re: L,M,H VS %

We'll take what you got...As we've been doing!

I would definitely prefer a percentage battery meter over the current L/M/H.
    I don't understand why would Casio choose the latter, in spite the fact that even in the owners manual it says that the LMH are actually representing 5 different levels of charge from 1(high) to 5(low).
    Was it really such a problem for Casio to use a % bar?
    Rangeman GW9400CMJ-3 (Camo), Rangeman GW9400-3 (olive negative), GDX6900CM-5, G-Shock Xtreme DW-9500 transparent Blue (1998 model)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AirWatch View Post
    We'll take what you got...As we've been doing!
    What would you want it to be? if you had a chance to suggest the idea to CASIO?

How about a numeric percentage power indicator?

A side bar that functions like a power reserve on an automatic would be cool

I sent some suggestions to CASIO, not sure if they read my messages though...

While I would personally LIKE a more detailed "charge meter" than "high, medium, low" and "charge NOW" I suspect that it would cost slightly more per watch. Because of variances between batteries, there might even be some that would never go to (or above) 99%, leading to even more panicked and worried customers, or IF one watch's battery didn't charge or deplete in a completely linear fashion.

This forum (and probably Casio customer service) would be inundated with questions like "the first few times I used my new G-Shock's light, the battery meter dropped 1% for every five button presses. Now it's dropping 1% for every FOUR button presses -- what do I do and/or what's wrong with my watch?!" and probably a LOT of "I was outside today for x hours and have never read the owner's manual, so why isn't it on 100%? Well, the sun was out for part of the time, but I guess you'd call it 'partly cloudy.' Yes, I was playing golf and riding in a cart with a roof, and then spent a few hours under the patio umbrella at the clubhouse, but I WAS OUTSIDE! Is my watch defective? Do I need to send it back?"

We already get enough stupid questions like that -- does Casio really want MORE of them?

Casio has been doing their charge meters this way for years, they're probably not going to change it, and they probably did it for a reason. The fuel tanks in most cars read "full, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 and E" and most of us don't have a problem with that -- is anybody petitioning Ford to start using percentages instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Rostislav Persion View Post
    I sent some suggestions to CASIO, not sure if they read my messages though...
    Now I'm actually curious as to what your suggestions were. "One or more all-digital GPS models" or "percentage meters instead of H/M/L" might at least get some sort of response.

If you were suggesting a WWVB radio transmitter in every state in the US or that all six currently broadcasting countries use the same frequency, they probably laughed while ignoring any good suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Now I'm actually curious as to what your suggestions were. "One or more all-digital GPS models" or "percentage meters instead of H/M/L" might at least get some sort of response.

If you were suggesting a WWVB radio transmitter in every state in the US or that all six currently broadcasting countries use the same frequency, they probably laughed while ignoring any good suggestions.

I didn't ask for anything that is outside of their control....

GPS, Accelerometer instead of mechanical tilt switch (lots of complaints about it not working), digital compas, firmware upgradable, uploading of reminders and alarms, louder alarm, 3 second back light...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information