latest G-Shock catalog (English)

Thread: latest G-Shock catalog (English)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

latest G-Shock catalog (English)

Hey guys, here's the English one, in case anyone was having with the Japanese one I sent out before.

http://world.g-shock.com/intl/pdf/2008.pdf

Re: latest G-Shock catalog (English)

Wow!! Thanks Ben. Appreciate it.
    best regards,

Kirk M.

GWF-1000-1JF
    GDF-100
    GW-9110-1JF
    GW-9400BJ-1JF
    GD-350-1JF
    G-700D
    DW-9052
    DW-9500
    DW-5900
    DW-7400

Quote Originally Posted by KVM888 View Post
    Wow!! Thanks Ben. Appreciate it.
    Anytime, bro. Enjoy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the updated English verson! :thanks

cool :thanks

thanks!

Thanks!

Interesting in the english edition they put much focus on the Master Of G line, in the japanese edition they put most focus on the up-town models like MTG and MRG models.

wonder why?
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Wink Re: latest G-Shock catalog (English)

Hi BenL,

Thanks for posting this new catalog. It seems Casio re-released two of my favorite classics, the G-520D-4AV and the G-521BD-4AV. I hope I get a 2nd chance to get one of the second.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Last edited by Sjors; December 17th, 2008 at 20:34.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    Thanks!

Interesting in the english edition they put much focus on the Master Of G line, in the japanese edition they put most focus on the up-town models like MTG and MRG models.

wonder why?
    Someone mentioned that Casio might not be confident in their ability to sell the higher end MRG and newer MTG models outside of the Japanese market. My guess as to why the English language catalog is different, is that the G-Shock brand is currently heavily marketed toward the streetwear scene here in the U.S., where many G-Shock purchasers are hopping on a growing trend influenced by hip-hop musicians and streetwear clothing makers. The G-Shock appeal in the U.S. I'm referring to seems to be branching out from the urban streetwear and sneaker collecting subcultures. A scene that prides itself on limited edition models of sneakers, clothing, and now G-Shock watches. Individuals pay top dollar for collectible items, G-Shocks included, as evidenced by the LRG collaborations and price of the new LRG Frogman. While the price may be high for that, the Frogman has gained acceptance in the streetwear scene, while higher-end models such as the MTG have not caught on, and the highest-end MRG will likely never catch on with this crowd partially due to cost. A long-winded response, I know, but these are simply my observations and guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by eb23air View Post
    Someone mentioned that Casio might not be confident in their ability to sell the higher end MRG and newer MTG models outside of the Japanese market. My guess as to why the English language catalog is different, is that the G-Shock brand is currently heavily marketed toward the streetwear scene here in the U.S., where many G-Shock purchasers are hopping on a growing trend influenced by hip-hop musicians and streetwear clothing makers. The G-Shock appeal in the U.S. I'm referring to seems to be branching out from the urban streetwear and sneaker collecting subcultures. A scene that prides itself on limited edition models of sneakers, clothing, and now G-Shock watches. Individuals pay top dollar for collectible items, G-Shocks included, as evidenced by the LRG collaborations and price of the new LRG Frogman. While the price may be high for that, the Frogman has gained acceptance in the streetwear scene, while higher-end models such as the MTG have not caught on, and the highest-end MRG will likely never catch on with this crowd partially due to cost. A long-winded response, I know, but these are simply my observations and guesses.
    What they think is one thing... what retailers are willing to pick up and display is another story all together...

Here in Canada 99% of the stores are displaying casios in stand up rotating covers similar to those where cheap watches reside. To sell a more expensive model they would need better display and fighting for retail space is anything but easy.

Awesome catalogue by the way. One of the best ones I've seen in quite some time.
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information