Thread: Launch of limited ed. G-Shock's in NYC October

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wink Launch of limited ed. G-Shock's in NYC October

I got this message from KIKS TYO this morning:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    AUGUST 30, 2007
    PRESS(AT)CONCRE.NET
    (646) 621-9893

G-SHOCK LAUNCHES EXCLUSIVE "CONCRE" WATCH LINE IN COLLABORATION WITH INFLUENTIAL NYC ARTISTS, RETAILERS

NEW YORK CITY—August 30, 2007—Casio G-SHOCK revealed today the launch of "CONCRE," an exclusive watch line designed in collaboration with internationally renown artists, creators and brands from the world of street culture. The first G-SHOCK CONCRE series, featuring models created in partnership with New York artists ERIC ELMS, MADSAKI, ROSTARR and East Village retailer DAVE'S QUALITY MEAT, will be viewable to the public at an exclusive model launch exhibition hosted by DAVE'S QUALITY MEAT during New York Fashion Week (September 5th - September 12, 2007). As a complement to the exhibition, on the evening of September 9th, a private CONCRE launch reception event for media, artists, retailers, friends and family will be hosted by FRANK 151 at THE PLUMM in the West Village (please see exhibition and reception invitation below).

Developed and produced under the guidance of G-SHOCK Japan, the CONCRE line is a significant development for the global G-SHOCK brand. In Japan and worldwide, G-SHOCK is known for its iconic watch collaborations with Japanese domestic streetwear brands such as A BATHING APE and KIKS TYO and for it's creative partnerships with the Japanese branches of global brands and retailers including STUSSY, LEVI'S and UNDEFEATED. However, distribution and sales of such G-SHOCK collaborations are often restricted to Japan, rendering the high caliber creations unavailable to G-SHOCK fans abroad. In a move that expands the distribution of special G-SHOCK make-ups for the first time in the brands history, the new CONCRE watch line will launch worldwide at select streetwear and sneaker boutiques, skate shops, and finer retail accounts in the USA, UK, Europe and Asia.

G-SHOCK CONCRE will be available at retail in October 2007. The ERIC ELMS, MADSAKI, ROSTARR and DAVE'S QUALITY MEAT models will be produced in limited quantities of 250 pieces each. 1000 pieces of an additional signature G-SHOCK CONCRE model will accompany the collaboration offerings.

MEDIA: For Hi-Res images, further information, or to arrange interviews with collaborating artists, please contact PRESS(AT)CONCRE.NETor call:(646) 621-9893

G-SHOCK www.gshock.com (English Language) & www.g-shock.jp (Japanese Language)
    In 1983, Casio launched the shock-resistant “G-SHOCK” watch. Challenged with creating the world's "TOUGHEST" watch at any expense, the Casio team launched the now legendary original DW-5000C. The parts, module and square case of the G-SHOCK DW-5000C combined to form a visionary triple-protection design that went far beyond the ready-made ideas of the day. A radical new type of watch was born - one that couldn't be affected by strong impacts or shaking. The G-SHOCK'S "TOUGHNESS" and practicality was immediately recognized by those seeking performance time pieces. G_SHOCK's numerous model variations and color-ways that followed would be adopted by the style-conscious for generations to come. By always employing the latest technology, and continuing to transcend conventional thinking about the watch, the G-SHOCK has become Casio’s flagship timepiece product. This year, G-SHOCK marks its 25th anniversary, and continues it's groundbreaking quest for “TOUGHNESS” and functional evolution.

ERIC ELMSwww.ericadorn.com
    Known for his hand drawn illustrations and NY-Centric design work for brand's like SUPREME, SSUR and aNYthing, Eric Elms' work has given a visual identity to a generation. A tireless creative force, Eric has also partnered with global brands like NIKE and PANASONIC and his imagery can be seen on nearly all forms of media including magazines (HUgE, JUXTAPOZ, ARKITIP), books, flyers and his own website. Soon, Eric's breadth of work will be exhibited at COLETTE in Paris.

MADSAKIwww.madsaki.com
    MADSAKI is known world wide as part of the influential artist collective, BARNSTORMERS , and for his powerful artistic collaborations with UNDERCOVER'S JUN TAKAHASHI, MEDICOM and CLOT'S ALINEGRA clothing line. He lives and works by the credo, "Anything goes! Life is about creating." Born in Osaka, Japan in 1974, MADSAKI moved to New York City at the age of 6 and spent the next 25 years in the USA. After spending three years as a bicycle messenger in New York, where he attended Parsons School of Design, he now lives and works in Tokyo.

ROSTARRwww.rostarr.com
    Rostarr works with paint, sculpture, digital art, animation and textiles to both inspire and communicate. Named by i-D MAGAZINE as one of the most influential artists of his generation in 2000, ROSTARR's fluid visual language is influenced by the elements, Quantum Physics and Middle Eastern calligraphy. His work has been associated with diverse companies such as NIKE, ALIFE, GRAVIS, AGNES B., STUSSY and YAMAHA - helping to brand both his name and imagery on a global scale.

DAVE'S QUALITY MEAT (D.Q.M.)www.davesqualitymeat.com
    Dave Ortiz - formerly of ZOO YORK - and pro skater Chris Keefe opened DAVES QUALITY MEAT in the East Village of NYC in 2003. The top-shelf sneaker, streetwear and skate shop earned instant respect for injecting NYC retail with much needed doses of creativity, originality and humor. Since then DQM has worked with NIKE, ADIDAS and VANS. Dave, Chris and their shop staff are also widely recognized for their BMX inspired collaborations with TRACKSTAR and for helping to set off the current fixed bike movement occurring in cities around the world.

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Launch of limited ed. G-Shock's in NYC October

Oh my! Good find. Hopefully they'll leak early pics soon :)

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hope see some pictures soon!
    Salva
    Salva

Wink Re: Launch of limited ed. G-Shock's in NYC October

Of course I like pictures too. I first imidiately tohough about the 12st C.B. series, because of the cooperation with Dave Ortiz (Zoo York) and Rostarr. I hope they choose the old school basic models or the Mudman and Gulfman models, but that's just wild guessing. This mail is all I got now...

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Nice Sjors!

Thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately,I doubt I could get any of those models mentioned.

Cheers,
    MountainMike

Wink Re: Launch of limited ed. G-Shock's in NYC October

Hi Mike,

I think NYC residents have the best chance to get one... So I have the saem problem, but I think my wallet is happy for that

Cheers,

Sjors

HAQ and AW moderator

I live relatively nearby, but need to see the watches before I would make the trip.

Hi Sjors,

I think it's a blessing in disguise!

I just bought 6Gs today! Plain madness. I now have all the Gulfmans, 1 MI3 MTG-911DMS, 1 G-8000F, 1 306X-1ADR. So, I am sure my wallet will be happy.

Cheers,
    MountainMike

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

It's a good job I know someone in NY.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information