Legit? The G-8900SC-6 from eBay vendor "KC-Group" has arrived from Hong Kong...
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Legit? The G-8900SC-6 from eBay vendor "KC-Group" has arrived from Hong Kong...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Legit? The G-8900SC-6 from eBay vendor "KC-Group" has arrived from Hong Kong...

The G-8900SC-6 arrived from eBay vendor "KC-Group". Here's a couple of pictures below. First impression is that it looks to my untrained eye like my other 8900s. However, unlike the "for reference only" picture on the eBay item page, there is no international warranty card. Is this a red flag?
    Last edited by m1ckDELTA; September 6th, 2017 at 07:42.
    A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn), makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value, not something to be wasted.

A man wearing an ostentatiously expensive watch makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers little.

Re: The G-8900SC-6 from eBay vendor "KC-Group" has arrived from Hong Kong...

Here's a quick couple:

Name:  IMGP0022.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  1.11 MB
    Name:  IMGP0023.JPG
Views: 204
Size:  1.08 MB
    A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn), makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value, not something to be wasted.

A man wearing an ostentatiously expensive watch makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers little.

Re: Legit? The G-8900SC-6 from eBay vendor "KC-Group" has arrived from Hong Kong...

warranty cards are window dressing now. you need a receipt from an authorized dealer to qualify for coverage. grey market, secondary market you are on your own.
    m1ckDELTA likes this.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Legit? The G-8900SC-6 from eBay vendor "KC-Group" has arrived from Hong Kong...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    warranty cards are window dressing now. you need a receipt from an authorized dealer to qualify for coverage. grey market, secondary market you are on your own.
    So then the only question becomes, "Is it authentic?"

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckDELTA View Post
    So then the only question becomes, "Is it authentic?"
    Looks authentic to me. Gorgeous too.
    m1ckDELTA likes this.

from the 2 pics it looks good. if you could, take some a bit further away and under brighter light to see the details.
    m1ckDELTA likes this.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    from the 2 pics it looks good. if you could, take some a bit further away and under brighter light to see the details.
    Working long days this week so I'm going to post a detailed video Saturday. I do hope it's legit. This is the one. In every picture I saw it looked amazing to me. I kept seeing the pictures and not finding what I thought was a legit vendor so I just had to roll the dice one this one. They had 5 remaining and they're all gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    Looks authentic to me. Gorgeous too.
    Yeah, it's pretty striking. Thanks for weighing in.

looks ok to me :)
    m1ckDELTA likes this.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Fonts, display windows and screw heads all look kosher. Nothing says fake to me. It's a stunner.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
    bncrpt and m1ckDELTA like this.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information