a leopard never changes its spots: a thread dedicated to ebay seller bbtiesto

Thread: a leopard never changes its spots: a thread dedicated to ebay seller bbtiesto

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thumbs Down a leopard never changes its spots: a thread dedicated to ebay seller bbtiesto

Hi all,

My friend who won a 1995 black gold frogman (model: DW-8200B-9A) from ebay seller bbtiesto have asked me to help him authenticate.

Upon close examination, I found out that the watch is a complete fake. The seller modified the watch to make it look like the original.

These are the actual screen shots of the full auction (*In case he tries to delete the link to his auction):

The signs:

Comparing with my own:

Comparing with that on Yahoo Japan auctions:

From the auction, it was very obvious that the seller has modified the watch and as such mislead people into thinking that it is the real deal.

If you search the forum, the same seller has tried to pose modified DW-6900 real blacks as the real deal about a year ago.

Do avoid him at all cost and if you feel suspicious, post the link here to ask around before sending payment.

Hope this helps.

cheers~
    SKy

Re: a leopard never changes its spots: a thread dedicated to ebay seller bbtiesto

I was duped by him a few months back on a pink dw6900fs. The module does not match with the band and bezel. The module was supposed to be the one that came with the white/grey 6900fs. Maybe he changed the module and kept the caseback cover the same?
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao Tzu

Re: a leopard never changes its spots: a thread dedicated to ebay seller bbtiesto

Quote Originally Posted by 1540 View Post
    I was duped by him a few months back on a pink dw6900fs. The module does not match with the band and bezel. The module was supposed to be the one that came with the white/grey 6900fs. Maybe he changed the module and kept the caseback cover the same?
    A few people were duped by him also when he posed modified 6900 real blacks as the real deal. Surprisingly ebay let him continue his business.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have with this seller very good experiences. (I bought many of g-shocks from him).
    I don't think, he modified watches. I think he is just reseller.
    And if you have doubts about his items, contact him.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnascaxx View Post
    I have with this seller very good experiences. (I bought many of g-shocks from him).
    I don't think, he modified watches. I think he is just reseller.
    And if you have doubts about his items, contact him.
    He is a reseller, but I believe he knows the trade well enough. He sold many modified real black 6900s before and stopped only when he was exposed in the forum.

My impression is that he has been doing the Texas two-step: buying on yahoo japan and unloading on ebay to make a profit.
    Go Dortmund!

I have been ranting about the modified 6900 real blacks sold by this seller. Here are the evidence that i saved previously (*PS: this was not the only one):

Quote Originally Posted by FreeDiver View Post
    Texas two-step:...
    God where and how people come up with these names/terms I will never know...

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Hey skyhook. Excellent catch! I remember that bbtiesto used to use to put keywords in his titles that were not connected to the watch - I seem to recall one where the title was "Frogman" but the watch definitely wasn't. I can't remember what this term is called. Title spamming or something like that.

And I also remember a case (probably the 6900s) from last year where he neglected to mention/didn't know that the watch he was selling was a Frankenshock, but changed it after someone contacted him about it from WUS.

EDIT: I should mention that bbtiesto is a member and does drop in now and again. And I will add that some of our members here have have good transactions with bbtiesto.
    Last edited by DragonJade; April 22nd, 2009 at 18:14.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dh0licious View Post
    God where and how people come up with these names/terms I will never know...
    Texas? Makes more sense than calling a dance Foxtrot. Come on, who's really seen a fox trot? And does it look anything like the dance?

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information