Let's us all design the ultimate g-shock
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Let's us all design the ultimate g-shock

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Let's us all design the ultimate g-shock

Ok, before I go to sleep, here's a question.

If you were a g-shock engineer, with unlimited funds at your disposal, what features would you like to appear in your ultimate/perfect g-shock?

The features can be already existing, like data-bank for storing phone numbers. Would you like the watch to be a smaller size? Would you like a metal instead of plastic buckle? Would you like the entire watch and band to glow in the dark? Play mp3? Sync with your computer? Jam mobile phones? Pay for your parking? Can be tracked by GPS/satellite? Unlock your car? WHAT??

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IN THE ULTIMATE G-SHOCK?

Speaking for myself, I would like it to come in a large and small size for men, so everybody can enjoy it.

Ok, time for bed. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz...

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Cool Yellow

Big, yellow, solar, resin band, extra spare parts/band/bezel included and with a Kangaroo, Koala or Opera House backlight:-D

Re: Let's us all design the ultimate g-shock

Serious ...... Thermometer, Depth/Pressure guage, GPS.

Not so serious B-) ...... Lie Detector!

"Let's be careful out there!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Hmmm . Make sure that it has both stopwatch and countdown function and that the time will be displayed in BOTH of these modes. There has been some discusion on this topic before. Maybe even on the countdown timer it can be set for days and down to seconds. Oh, and get rid of that USELESS TIME RECORD MEMO FUNCTION !!!!! If I think of anything else I'll add to it later .
    Tj2014 likes this.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

well, the perfect g-shock is actually, what my signature is all about.
    to be more precise: take this four watches and mix them together:

the g-741 has the absolut best ana-digi dial I have seen so far, regardless of price and brand. the negative digital displays stay discreet in the background, without disturbing the analog time. its just like a perfect chrono, with heplful additional functions, but never dominate the main hands.

the g-100 has - at least for my taste - the best overall ana-digi look. i really like its martial design. the digital display is also good but far from the quality of the g-741, because two displays (up and down) are superior to only one and the legibility of the g-741 (although negative) is much better in my opinion. the g-100 also lacks a countdown timer, multiple alarms and worldtime. nevertheless i like it still a lot.

there is only one illumination system what can convince me with todays analog watches and that is the H3 vials (tritium) technique. for those of you who have ever encountered or maybe even own a H3 watch, I am certain they will agree without any doubt. the legibility in poor light conditions or even total darkness (thats where the fun REALLY starts ) is just awesome. no need of charging the lume in (sun)light as it is needed with superluminova is a huge bonus. the KHS navigator with the red second hand is IMO a very good example for an excellent (and not to expansive) H3 watch, however...

...most of the H3 watches (and ALL g-shock's too - at least those with round dials) have a pretty small dial, no more than 28mm in diameter. the Luminox model 8401 is a good example for an analog watch with H3 lume and a big dial - 33mm in its case. 5mm more may sound not much, but believe me gentlemen, it makes a night and day difference.

conclusion: the perfect G for me would be rather big (47-50 mm in whole, and at least 15mm thick) with a double negative display like the g-741, a big dial (and also very important: a rotatable bezel ) like the Luminox, a red second hand like the KHS and an overall martial look like the g-100.

add tough solar and five band atomic reception to it, all the cool features of the new mudman and a 24h countdowntimer and you have a imagination what I would consider the perfect G or the perfect watch

regards, holger
    Last edited by cal..45; July 29th, 2006 at 20:55.
    We are 12.6 %

Banned

Hi holger,

How could I forget the tritium?!?!O| O| Throw in the tritium!!!

Banned

well the ultimate g shock will be no doubt a G TREK WATCH ,that is a g shock with triple sensor capability (thermometer ,altimeter/ barometer and compass),or we may say a watch with features like prg 90 watch,but in g shock build...also if we throw in global positioning system too in the watch then it will be perfect.also i wont mind ana digi feature too in this watch .

I would like the watch to have rudimentary mobile phone/pda capabilities, meaning to be able to sync with my computer to transfer contact info, and to be able to make voice calls. Don't the secret service talk into their watches?

Oh, and I would like it to have a means of calling home if it detects no motion for a certain period(a week, month), meaning that it is lost. For those of you with LOTS of watches, I suppose you'd have to turn off this feature as they'll be sitting in a box in the basement for DECADES. :-D

Just one more thing, the ability to play MP3s would be great too.

More later.

Re: ultimate g-shock

My very moderate and simple contribution would be the requirement for ALL G-Shock watches to include GMT (or UTC, or Z) as one of the "cities" in the world-clock function, automatically without possibility to modulate it with any DST (because there is no DST in GMT, GMT is GMT and that's it!).
    In fact, I would like a dual time watch showing both "local time" and "GMT" on the basic timekeeping dial.
    Ideal would be local time analog and GMT digital.

Quote Originally Posted by drkjke
    well the ultimate g shock will be no doubt a G TREK WATCH ,that is a g shock with triple sensor capability (thermometer ,altimeter/ barometer and compass),or we may say a watch with features like prg 90 watch,but in g shock build...also if we throw in global positioning system too in the watch then it will be perfect.also i wont mind ana digi feature too in this watch .
    Seconded!

Plus it has to be bigger than a PRG-40/90 and chunkier than a Raysman
    55 watches. 30 Casios. Appalling bank balance!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information