Lifetime guarentee for the RAF, This seems cool if it's true............

Thread: Lifetime guarentee for the RAF, This seems cool if it's true............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lifetime guarentee for the RAF, This seems cool if it's true............

Was just looking around at the GW 3000 and came across this http://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/c..._source=google has anyone seen anything of this seems like a good present for those lucky enough to pass.
    Previous
    Red Snoopy Watch (1st watch age 4), About 20 Swatch's, Citizen Titanium, Nike Sports Digital, Raymond Weil W1, Omega Seamaster (00), Tag Heuer Formula 1 (01), Tag Heuer Monaco (03), Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAB2010 (05), Tissot T Touch (08), Omega Planet Ocean (08), Omega Speedmaster Professional(08), Breitling Superocean Steelfish (08), Rolex 14060 ND (09V), Rolex 16610 Sub Date (09V), Breitling Avenger Seawolf (10), Rolex 16570 Explorer II Black (10V), Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m Calibre 5 (11), Tag Heuer Aquaracer Caibre 5 WAN.2110 (11), Hamilton Khaki King Quartz (14), Tag Heuer Formula 1 CAU1111 (12), Tudor Pelagos 25500T (15), Omega Seamaster Diver 300m (15), Tudor Black Bay Blue (16), Longines Legend Diver (16)

Current
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (16), Seiko SRP 777 (Turtle) (16), G Shock GW M5600-1ER.

Re: Lifetime guarentee for the RAF, This seems cool if it's true............

Good spot!

For convenience, here is the quote:

From June 2010 G-Shock will provide each cadet that passes out at RAF Valley and obtains their wings, a special edition engraved GW-3000, with a lifetime guarantee.

And then I had to look up 'RAF Valley'. From Wikipedia:

RAF Valley (IATA: HLY, ICAO: EGOV) is a Royal Air Force station on the island of Anglesey, Wales, less formally known as Anglesey Airport. It provides fast-jet training using the BAE Hawk.

No. 4 Flying Training School takes RAF and Royal Navy pilots from 1FTS at RAF Linton-on-Ouse and trains them to fly fast jets, prior to training on an Operational Conversion Unit. 4 FTS is divided into two squadrons; 208 Sqn provides the advanced flying training, students then moving onto 19 Sqn to receive tactics and weapons training.

Valley is also home to C Flight of 22 Sqn with Sea King helicopters. These are busy in the Search and Rescue role, rescuing people from ships in the Irish Sea, from the mountains of nearby Snowdonia and elsewhere. The mountain rescue work in Snowdonia is coordinated with the North Wales Mountain Rescue Association.

The base is also home to SARTU (Search and Rescue Training Unit), part of the Defence Helicopter Flying School, using Squirrel and Griffin helicopters, and newly home to the relocated headquarters elements of both 22 and 202 Squadrons.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thats put me to shame now:oops: makes good reading though, i wonder why they are doing this someone at casio uk must have some connection there?
    Previous
    Red Snoopy Watch (1st watch age 4), About 20 Swatch's, Citizen Titanium, Nike Sports Digital, Raymond Weil W1, Omega Seamaster (00), Tag Heuer Formula 1 (01), Tag Heuer Monaco (03), Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAB2010 (05), Tissot T Touch (08), Omega Planet Ocean (08), Omega Speedmaster Professional(08), Breitling Superocean Steelfish (08), Rolex 14060 ND (09V), Rolex 16610 Sub Date (09V), Breitling Avenger Seawolf (10), Rolex 16570 Explorer II Black (10V), Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m Calibre 5 (11), Tag Heuer Aquaracer Caibre 5 WAN.2110 (11), Hamilton Khaki King Quartz (14), Tag Heuer Formula 1 CAU1111 (12), Tudor Pelagos 25500T (15), Omega Seamaster Diver 300m (15), Tudor Black Bay Blue (16), Longines Legend Diver (16)

Current
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (16), Seiko SRP 777 (Turtle) (16), G Shock GW M5600-1ER.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Isn't that where William is training right now for Search and Rescue?

The only thing I can remember about William's training is that he managed to incorporate a flight in a Chinook helicopter to a stag party on the Isle of Wight, picking up his brother up on the way.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

A pity that came around 22 years too late for Me!I passed through RAF Valley on an advanced flying course on the Hawk by the way a mate of mine is Willy boy's QFI and they have had to,"Tailor",the course to match William's abilities read into that what You will.

Quote Originally Posted by evertonian61 View Post
    A pity that came around 22 years too late for Me!I passed through RAF Valley on an advanced flying course on the Hawk by the way a mate of mine is Willy boy's QFI and they have had to,"Tailor",the course to match William's abilities read into that what You will.
    I can well believe that

Q-6

I love a bit of gossip!

This is such a great cosmopolitan forum with some great eclectic posts.

Mitch

Another thing i like about the course at RAF Valley was that the classes are small each QFI has 2-3 Students i went in as a Flying Officer not Pilot Officer as i had passed a degree from Univ.Of London in History.To teach You Air Combat they start You by some simple tail-chasing You basically try to follow what Your QFI does in the lead Hawk.We had a lot of Foreign Airforce QFIs and Students come through RAF Valley the best and in no particular order,the Germans,Dutch,Canadians and some of the American Guys particularly those that had flown Naval aircraft such as F-14(now sadly retired)and the worst,any of the Arab Airforces APART from the Egyptians,the Saudis(Lazy and inept),Iraqis,When Saddam was in power sent a lot of guys to valley but they were too slow and couldn't be bothered,The Nigerian Air Force,too busy chasing women and couldn't be bothered to study,UAE cadets simply unsuitable as they were deemed to dangerous and were grounded for their own(and Our)safety.Things may have changed since then but i enjoyed my time at Valley the Hawk long course is intense and i nearly got chopped on 3 occasions as its a pretty steep learning curve but the RAF ain't the best for nothing!

Another thing i like about the course at RAF Valley was that the classes are small each QFI has 2-3 Students i went in as a Flying Officer not Pilot Officer as i had passed a degree from Univ.Of London in History.To teach You Air Combat they start You by some simple tail-chasing You basically try to follow what Your QFI does in the lead Hawk.We had a lot of Foreign Airforce QFIs and Students come through RAF Valley the best and in no particular order,the Germans,Dutch,Canadians and some of the American Guys particularly those that had flown Naval aircraft such as F-14(now sadly retired)and the worst,any of the Arab Airforces APART from the Egyptians,the Saudis(Lazy and inept),Iraqis,When Saddam was in power sent a lot of guys to valley but they were too slow and couldn't be bothered,The Nigerian Air Force,too busy chasing women and couldn't be bothered to study,UAE cadets simply unsuitable as they were deemed to dangerous and were grounded for their own(and Our)safety.Things may have changed since then but i enjoyed my time at Valley the Hawk long course is intense and i nearly got chopped on 3 occasions as its a pretty steep learning curve but the RAF ain't the best for nothing!
    what about greeks? were there any? they are proud to be good but I dont know if this is just what they claim or if they realy are

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information