WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Lightest G-Shock ?

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  DELORTO 
#1 ·
What's the lightest G-Shock ever made , I recon mine must be a contender

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Just a guess....because the GW-M850 is so small and it looks light and slight because it is white. It is on the right below. Casio usually puts the weight of a watch in the specs, but I don't pay attention or keep track of weight.

#5 ·
56 grams. The extra weight probably comes from the fully metal case of the T5030. The case of the S5600 is resin with a titanium backplate. The case of T5030 is all titanium. Also, the keeper of the T5030 is titanium instead of resin, so it is probably slightly heavier than a resin keeper.

#8 ·
I was thinking about the GW-56 and G-56, but 46 grams is very light!

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!lo
You mean the G/GW-056 Polygon models? (50 Gs )

Yeah I was thinking the same but I just looked and they are 54 grams, probably due to the special wedged metal mesh inside and also the thicker lugs. But because they are the thinnest G's ever made at 11 mm and with the more integrated straps you probably feel them even less on the wrist than the 46 gram GW-S5600 carbon fiber model that probably is the lightest one ever made.

Btw Sjors have you worn your polygon since you wrote that article 3 years ago? Would be nice to see it again on your wrist in a WRUW thread and your blog! (if you can manage to find it lol :-d )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.