Lightning Yellow

Thread: Lightning Yellow

Lightning Yellow

How can I avoid discoloration of the resin on the lightning yellow rangeman as a few small areas have started to turn a bit grayish green?

Re: Lightning Yellow

GW-M5600A-A3, G-8100-1, GW-4000-1AER, GW-056E-3VER, DW-9000, GW-9430EJ

even I am worrying about the discoloration of this series.. which is why I am waiting for summer to wear my GDX.. I don't want long sleeves messing up this watch. hope you are able to remove those stains.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That was quick, have you been wearing it constantly for last month or two?

There isn't much to do. You can try pencil eraser, sometimes it works if the stains are too strong. That is the bad side of matte colored resin.

Lightning Yellow

I noticed this same thing with my 6930 and I wondered if it was something exclusive just to that particular model. I guess it's all the Lightning Yellow series. It's not that it's really noticeable but I know it's there. It's one of the reason that I don't wear the watch as much as I'd like. I even went and got a regular sized yellow 6900 to wear most of the time. I still love my lightning yellow 6930 but I wanna keep it looking good for as long as possible. Maybe they should've went in a bit of a different direction as far as the materials for this series. I don't know. I did clean it once and a lot of the marks I was worried about came off. There's just a few small spots that seem to have gotten grayer/darker.
    With all that said, I don't want anybody to think I'm bashing the Lightning Yellow G's. I love that series and a few resin rubs here and there aren't gna ruin your watch.

HELP!!! I've been G-Shocked!
    Last edited by Ben_R; January 23rd, 2014 at 20:26.

This tends to happen with watches that use a matte finish. I think this happens because of the lack of 'clear coat' that protects the finish. If you look at glossy watches you will see much less discoloration/staining issues. I learned his the hard way when I bought new jeans and a few of my matte finish watches became stained with the blue dye. I suggest washing new jeans immediately after you buy them with some white vinegar added to the washing machine (along with the normal detergent you use) which will lock the dye into the pants. I'd suggest buying replacement resin to swap out when the current ones become too stained as this is the only sure-fire way, In my experience to solve the problem.
    -Luis

Thank you for all the replies. I will try the eraser. Yes I have worn it every day since Christmas day with long sleeves.

Same thing has happened to mine.

Thread Information