Limited availability in the EU?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Limited availability in the EU?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Limited availability in the EU?

Hi! I've recently started collecting G-Shocks after many years of using them "just" as timepieces. I'm particularly interested in a Rangeman, a PRW-3000, a PRG-270 and a GW-M5610-1ER but lately all of them seem to be out of stock in most retailers, specially Amazon, which is the store I use most as the prices are usually lower. With some of these watches (Rangeman and PRW-3000) the lack of stock has been going for some time...as I don't have much experience yet when it comes to collecting, I wonder: is this situation normal of am I looking in the wrong places? It's been frustrating and while I do find some of them on stock in some websites it's hard to know if a particular store is trustworthy.
    EQW-M1100DB-1AER, GW-7900RD-4ER, GW-7900B-1ER, PRG-240-8ER, AW-590-1AER, GR-8900A-1ER, GW-6900-1ER, Lotus Titanium Formula 1, Timex Expedition Military Chrono T49823, GW-5000-1JF, PRG-270-1ER
    "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp. Or what's a heaven for?"
    Robert Browning

Re: Limited availability in the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Curunwe View Post
    Hi! I've recently started collecting G-Shocks after many years of using them "just" as timepieces. I'm particularly interested in a Rangeman, a PRW-3000, a PRG-270 and a GW-M5610-1ER but lately all of them seem to be out of stock in most retailers, specially Amazon, which is the store I use most as the prices are usually lower. With some of these watches (Rangeman and PRW-3000) the lack of stock has been going for some time...as I don't have much experience yet when it comes to collecting, I wonder: is this situation normal of am I looking in the wrong places? It's been frustrating and while I do find some of them on stock in some websites it's hard to know if a particular store is trustworthy.
    Depends which Rangeman you're looking for. The black positive and the olive negative versions are aeasy to find in Germany for example. LY I had to import from Japan but it is now also available in UK, I saw. Amazon is relaible I agree, but they really mainly have the basic Gs, at least here in Germany.... go expand into ebay, I'd suggest...

I got my GW-M5610 from citizentime on ebay and had a good transaction. It was new in the box with all the documents and shipped right away.

I make all my online purchases from sellers on ebay and have never done business through Amazon. I look for a seller with 100% feedback and always read some of the feedback to see what other people have to say. I might email them too so I can get a better feel for them, and can usually tell by one email how they are to deal with. Communication plays a big factor in whether I do business with them again or not too.

In 85 transactions I've only had 2 that were less than satisfactory, it still went my way in the end, and I've never had to leave negative feedback for anyone. Most of mine have been for vintage watches though.
    Last edited by OCDood; February 2nd, 2014 at 14:51.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gripmaster View Post
    Depends which Rangeman you're looking for. The black positive and the olive negative versions are aeasy to find in Germany for example. LY I had to import from Japan but it is now also available in UK, I saw. Amazon is relaible I agree, but they really mainly have the basic Gs, at least here in Germany.... go expand into ebay, I'd suggest...
    I was hesitant to use eBay due to some bad experiences in the past, but I see that there are some users with really good votes selling watches. Will give it a try, thanks for the suggestion!
    EQW-M1100DB-1AER, GW-7900RD-4ER, GW-7900B-1ER, PRG-240-8ER, AW-590-1AER, GR-8900A-1ER, GW-6900-1ER, Lotus Titanium Formula 1, Timex Expedition Military Chrono T49823, GW-5000-1JF, PRG-270-1ER
    "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp. Or what's a heaven for?"
    Robert Browning

I was hesitant to use eBay due to some bad experiences in the past, but I see that there are some users with really good votes selling watches. Will give it a try, thanks for the suggestion!
    I will have a look later if you like for a shop that has rangeman in germany that I have bought from and made good experience.. I have on place in mind that I would easily recommend but have to find their name... check in later...
    I myself have bought 2 or 3 times from a spanish ebay shop with no problems...

Quote Originally Posted by OCDood View Post
    I got my GW-M5610 from citizentime on ebay and had a good transaction. It was new in the box with all the documents and shipped right away.

I make all my online purchases from sellers on ebay and have never done business through Amazon. I look for a seller with 100% feedback and always read some of the feedback to see what other people have to say. I might email them too so I can get a better feel for them, and can usually tell by one email how they are to deal with. Communication plays a big factor in whether I do business with them again or not too.

In 85 transactions I've only had 2 that were less than satisfactory, it still went my way in the end, and I've never had to leave negative feedback for anyone. Most of mine have been for vintage watches though.
    I make many purchases on eBay as well -- particularly of models not readily available in the U.S. I follow the same precautions outlined above and have almost never had a problem.

I have made many purchases from Seiya Japan as well, paying a little more, sometimes, than I might from other Japanese vendors. I do this because of the convenience and reliability of Seiya.
    OCDood and Rocat like this.

Importing from Japan is an easy option, check Rakuten Market Place, P & P is not expensive, but dont forget to include any Import Costs/Duty etc.
    Heres a link for the Rangeman for you...

Rakuten: gw-9400 - Shopping Japanese products from Japan

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I wonder: is this situation normal of am I looking in the wrong places?
    No, it is not normal, unless you accept Casios new "Premium vendors only" policy as normal. There is a reason why you don't find a GW-9400 or a GW-A1100 on amazon (Germany) or many well known ebay retailers yet, simply because they aren't considered as such premium sellers which is as stupid as it gets, since there is simply no bigger marketplace around (and therefore the chance to make tons of money).

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

This is where i bought my olive Rangeman:
    megatime auf eBay
    worryfree onlineshop. they have the black positive in stock right now. for this one, no need to order in Japan.
    the LY that's another story.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

No offense gripmaster, but an ebay seller with 61 bids on a non-public list is a cheater and fraud to me, also their start-ups are overpriced.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information