Views: 1005
Size:  156.2 KBName:  watch for ebay1.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  87.9 KBhi im new here but i love the g-shock range
    i won a g-shock 20 years ago
    it was limited edition only 100 made and only sold in 7 shops worldwide
    it says on the back dw-002 made in japan
    its used but i was thinking of selling it on ebay
    can anyone help with the cost/what its worth now or just any information on the watch
    thanks
    paul
    G-Shock Absorber likes this.

Re: limited edition g-shock

A 100 unit run is very rare indeed for a G-Shock. Your best bet would be to start making regular posts in this forum, then when the rules allow, advertise it in the sales section (by which time you'll have got a feel for its likely value). A collector will no doubt bite your hand off for it.

Looks like your watch is based on the DW-002BJ-1.

Never seen your watch.

Unfortunately there is not a big collectors market for the DW-002, so you cannot expect big bucks for it. As G Shock Absorber said you need to test the market a little. You could be lucky in finding a couple of collectors of this model and have them fight over it.

Pity the promotion wasn't done with a Frog, then you would be looking at stellar money.

Mitch

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shock Absorber View Post
    A 100 unit run is very rare indeed for a G-Shock. Your best bet would be to start making regular posts in this forum, then when the rules allow, advertise it in the sales section (by which time you'll have got a feel for its likely value). A collector will no doubt bite your hand off for it.
    I don't mean to burst your bubble, but I don't think the value for this watch is going to be that high. I might be wrong, but it's just not terribly desired, esp because it seems to have a 6600 module (out od date, but still easily attainable for cheap) and also the colors are very plain. But who knows, maybe you can get $75-$100 for it.

Other than the ad you have, there doesn't seem to be anything on the watch to signify that it is a Limited Edition. Looks like any other DW002. There are a few collector's of them (Hard for me to stay away...just bought one today!), but unless there's a special box or something like that I doubt it would fetch too much. Problem w/ the DW002 is the bezel. They tend to rot and the only way to replace them is to find another 002. If I were you, I'd just hang on to it...
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

OP, dude, this is like the third thread you've posted with the identical question just worded differently...and all of the answers have been consistent as the other 2 threads.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/any...ks-714817.html

^^^^ the mods merged your past threads into this on
    Last edited by biggish_burrito; July 13th, 2012 at 01:34.

Quote Originally Posted by WillyLix View Post
    I don't mean to burst your bubble, but I don't think the value for this watch is going to be that high.
    Hey no problem: It's his bubble you're bursting, not mine. I just threw an estimate out there based purely on the claim extreme rarity.
    WillyLix likes this.

thanks to all who answered and sorry to those who kept reading my 3 posts i was just looking to find out about my watch..
    i do love this watch so it will either sell or ill keep it and treasure it (maybe untill i try flog it again lol)
    still there so many out there would love another one.
    so thanks again for all yr help and not bursting my bubble to hard
    Fer Guzman likes this.

Thread Information