Linkin Park new album, A Thousand Suns. Good or Bad?

Thread: Linkin Park new album, A Thousand Suns. Good or Bad?

Off topic Linkin Park new album, A Thousand Suns. Good or Bad?

Hello guys,

I know this is kinda off here. But I'm keen to hear what you guys have to say for those who have heard their new album. I usually don't ask for people opinions on new albums because most of the new music releases from artistes are always "on track" with their genre with their previous albums.

The only reason why I post this is because their latest album, A Thousand Suns is a huge leap from their musical career. Something way different from their Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Minutes To Midnight albums.

So, what do you guys have to say?
    Last edited by Byfrost; September 17th, 2010 at 05:15.

Re: Linkin Park new album, A Thousand Suns. Good or Bad?

Its kinda hard to get use to the new Linkin Park. If you are a big fan of the yelling and screaming like in the past albums Linkin Park released you may not like what is in stored on the new album. Its slower and techno-ish. So yah it takes awhile to get used to it. I love the lyrics but i miss Mike's rapping and Chester's yelling.

^^ Well said, x2. Though after getting used to the catalyst, I can't get enough of it!

I'm on here right now dosing up on the King... pretty sure I'll get one tomorrow if they are in stock.
    DW-9900-1B "JDM" Frogman Titanium
    GW-7900B G-Rescue series
    GW-7900RD-4 "Men in Burning Red"!!!!
    GX56-1A "The King"
    G-9300- Finally a mudman with extra features
    RIP G2300B-1-- missing this watch.

Hamilton 956 17 Jewels pocket watch

Want-----
    Too many to list no thanks to this site LOL, but at the top of the list, the Grand Daddy MRG-8000G

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Would agree with the above comments. On first listen i thought it was crap. Second listen i was wishing they stuck to the old routine... 3rd listen i was loving it..lol.. Some of my fav albums i didnt 'get' straight away and this one was def a grower!

It kinda feels like their best days have past. I`m not a big fan of them but like some tracks. I can`t explain it really, because I`m a big fan of bands like Depeche Mode, Muse, Daft Punk, The Prodigy(ok maybe a bit of the genre with the last 2), but I never liked LP as much as the ones mentioned above .

But I`m sure that you`ll like their new album if you like the old ones. I`m that way with DM - I like absolutely every track they record. Their latest album is a bit bizarre. And I love it

Quote Originally Posted by NornIron Legend View Post
    On first listen i thought it was crap.
    I listened to it once and I was in the "crap" phase, but you've got a point. Right now I'm playing it again and it's definetely interesting. Probably some more listening and I'll love it.

They have changed their sound in lots of songs, and changig style takes guts when you've got millions of fans expecting just the same. Personally, I hate artists and bands that always do the same.

G.

I don't like LP or any of the bands in that genre, but reading the thread title it had me thinking of "In the shadow of a thousand suns" by Abigail Williams. I was listening to "The Departure" just yesterday. Great track.

How's that for off topic?

Thread Information