A little advice please..

Thread: A little advice please..

A little advice please..

Hi everyone,
    I am new to this forum and relatively new to G-Shocks. I currently have a G7900 and a DW6600. I would like to start a collection soon but I have no idea which or what or from where to begin this collection. So my question is what should my next FIVE Gs be?? Are there any "must haves" for beginners? From my POV it can be very confusing considering the vast variety of Gs available out there.

When I visit the retailers I see all their little faces smiling at me with vibrant colors confusing me even more so! Being new to this, any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards to ALL

Re: A little advice please..

There are near-infinite ways on how to go about your prospective G collection; depends on your personality, really. Are you fashion-conscious or are you more into features and technical specs?

Probably the safest answer at this point would be to just go with the next five models that catch your fancy. It's too early for you to burden yourself excessively with the pros and cons of each model. Just go for it and enjoy. Our opinions here on which G-Shocks are the best can only convey so much since most things are subjective, and part of the fun with Gs is in discovering their inherent strengths and shortcomings by yourself through actual ownership.

And if your fascination with them wears out eventually, you can always sell them here; someone else is bound to give them a good home, and you can go on to the next five G-Shocks of your choice.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; July 8th, 2010 at 20:44.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

I would get the:
    DW5600E-1V
    DW5600EG-1V with the Gold lcd display and gold buttons and gold buckle
    G5600E-1DR Solar
    G7800-1
    G8000-1

The above watches that I listed have the best modules in them with a lot of excellent features. Check them all out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ok, how about these beauties to add to your collection:

1) DW-5600E -- the absolute classic!
    2) Mudman G-9000 -- the toughest of the tough
    3) Riseman GW-9200 -- for all your gadgety needs
    4) Silencer GW-400 -- for a great module and overall design
    5) GW-2000 to mix it up with a nice analogue model

You will probably be even more baffled with the wide variety of models and opinions here.

My advice is to look through the image-heavy threads such as WRUW and investigate models that catch your eye.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

the problem is, that you already have two of the best g-shock's ever made in my opinion. any more models might come down to fashion, colours, atomic/solar, maybe a nice feature here and there but overall you won't find much watches that can do better than a G-7900 and/or a DW-6600.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Since you have the 7900 and 6600, your 5 next may be :
    5600, mudman, riseman, gulfman, 7710
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

Thanks guys! I will definitely go check out all your recommendations this weekend. The 5600 is a must I see.. a true classic indeed. I am liking the G-6900A too but what is the significant difference or advantage of Solar over Batteries? I am not even sure of my "own taste" when it comes to Gs. But this truly is fun and very interesting. I am pretty much a watch Hoarder so I won't be selling anything away..

Regards to ALL

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by dustoncross View Post
    ... I am liking the G-6900A too but what is the significant difference or advantage of Solar over Batteries?
    in my opinion solar has a big advantage over any watch that is driven by one of those tiny silver-oxide batteries, like SR44 style for instance. they usually won't last very long and the chemistry isn't great for extreme temperatures.

solar does not have any advantage at all over watches which are driven by high-capacity lithium cells (CR2016, CR2025, CR2032 or even bigger) which are known to last 10 years or longer. also their chemistry is fairly insensitive to extreme temperatures.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Truthfully, you don't need another G. So its down to what you like the look of I think.

Check 'em all out, go for what speaks to you in that way.

dw-5600 dw-6600 dw-6900 dw-9052 g-9000 g-9100 g-9200 to begin...
    watches are meant to tell times..

Thread Information