A little buckle swapping.
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Kabong30
  • 2 Post By Knives and Lint
  • 1 Post By sidecross

Thread: A little buckle swapping.

A little buckle swapping.

Pardon the blurry photo. I got my 8250 Frog today and immediately put the yellow resin on it. Then I set to swapping some hardware around. While the steel keeper on the Rangeman is very pretty, it seems a bit of overkill for a "tool watch" and I have seem some of them get pretty beat up. I decided to put that on the new frog and put the resin keeper on the Rangeman. It's a little bit of a tight fit, but I actually think that is a good thing in the long run as it won't wander around. I also put a newer buckle on my 8200 Frog. The buckle that was on it had sharper teeth for some reason and I was worried that with taking it off and putting it on daily that it might scratch the resin. The newer buckle has more rounded teeth. So there ya go, minor and easy to reverse (not that I should need to) mods!

Knives and Lint and flying like this.

Re: A little buckle swapping.

Great job! I'm really diggin' the look of the black keeper on the olive Rangeman. Plus, as you mention it makes better sense for this model. This is a more difficult mod than some may realize due to the lack of a springbar on Frogman clasps.

Oh, that's true! It did take a little bit of work for those.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I had given up on an GF8250... what is the trick?

Quote Originally Posted by Knives and Lint View Post
    Great job! I'm really diggin' the look of the black keeper on the olive Rangeman. Plus, as you mention it makes better sense for this model. This is a more difficult mod than some may realize due to the lack of a springbar on Frogman clasps.

Pressure. You want to apply pressure but don't go crazy. I used a little bitty standard driver bit to get it off. Then getting it back in was fairly easy. You just slide the end if the bar into place on the inside of the buckle. I'll try to get a picture. I looked at the buckle when I had if off and it's really clear that's what they did at the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by dpeete View Post
    I had given up on an GF8250... what is the trick?

Pressure indeed. I used a method that I learned from one of kung-fusion's posts. It sounds a little strange but it works well. Take a pair of needle-nose pliers and wrap some electrical tape around the ends (to prevent scratches). Then you put the pliers inside the clasp and pull them (pliers) open. The best way to do this is by putting one handle of the pliers on the floor and securing it with your foot, and then pulling up on the other handle with one hand. This way you have a free hand to guide the clasp off the bar. I hope I explained that well, kung gave much better instructions. If I remember correctly I also used a rag in between the pliers and clasp as a further guard against scratches, but that may have been unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives and Lint View Post
    Pressure indeed. I used a method that I learned from one of kung-fusion's posts. It sounds a little strange but it works well. Take a pair of needle-nose pliers and wrap some electrical tape around the ends (to prevent scratches). Then you put the pliers inside the clasp and pull them (pliers) open. The best way to do this is by putting one handle of the pliers on the floor and securing it with your foot, and then pulling up on the other handle with one hand. This way you have a free hand to guide the clasp off the bar. I hope I explained that well, kung gave much better instructions. If I remember correctly I also used a rag in between the pliers and clasp as a further guard against scratches, but that may have been unnecessary.

I use 'Reverse Pliers' to open up the black buckle Casio #91087045375 (GW3000BB-1A) to be used on my Rangeman. You will need to reuse the Rangeman original spring bar for the black GW3000BB-1A buckle. :)
    Knives and Lint likes this.

Thread Information