A little help

Thread: A little help

A little help

Hey all,

I'm new to G's and have been looking at the Mudman series, I like the GW9000-A1, GW9010-1 atomics. I also like the G9000MC-3 and G9000-3V.

My Problem is I've gone through three seiko automatics in less that 8 years. I like the watches, but they don't last. To top it off they keep lousy time. I'm just rough on watches and want some people who know these watches to point me in the right direction on which models.

If the above models don't seem like the right choice point me in the right direction.

Justin

Re: A little help

Quote Originally Posted by jhixf564 View Post
    Hey all,

I'm new to G's and have been looking at the Mudman series, I like the GW9000-A1, GW9010-1 atomics. I also like the G9000MC-3 and G9000-3V.

My Problem is I've gone through three seiko automatics in less that 8 years. I like the watches, but they don't last. To top it off they keep lousy time. I'm just rough on watches and want some people who know these watches to point me in the right direction on which models.

If the above models don't seem like the right choice point me in the right direction.

Justin
    Yr direction basically means you want a watch that you can rough it up. Any G-shock is the right direction. Features and looks is all up to you.

Hi Justin, and welcome to the forum.

You'll find that almost all Gs are tougher than most other watches on the planet. Not just slightly, but enough to ensure that policemen, firemen, divers and military chaps all favour them. If you haven't already looked, see the various tough tests which have been performed on Gs by enthusiastic owners, e.g. the series from buzzbait67 on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9myZXacBiV0

If you hang around the forum for a few days you'll find threads showing G-use by those mentioned above, including here.

My own opinion about the Mudmen series is that the buttons can seem harder to press than other G models, due to their mud-resistant design. It's enough to put me off them and favour other Gs, but you might not mind. It's worth trying one first though, in case. It's all good fun finding out anyway

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator G-Shock Forum

I agree with maine!

Depending on your harsh environment you also might consider one of the bracelett Gs for longer band livetime (if its not a safety hazard).

If your environment is full of oil and other organic fluids the strap might disintegrate after 1-2 years. Its easy to get a spare one, though.

Regarding the accuracy: Atomic-solar is available too.

So for somebody who is rough to his watches my recommendations:

GW-9010 atomic mudman resin strap
    GW-6900 atomic solar resin strap
    MTG-1000 atomic solar analog chrono with bracelett
    MTG-9xx atomic solar digital with bracelett

Have Will It Blend ever featured a G-shock? That'd be the ultimate test, surely.

Welcome.

Any of those Mudman models should be a good choice. There's a few differences between the features and displays on the three Mudman modules, but they're all equally tough.

Most any G-Shock will hold up nicely to regular abuse. It's just a matter for finding the ones that fit your style the best.

Get any of the mudman and beat it to your hearts desire. It will survive.
    Couple of watches here and there

Thanks everybody. Second Question, can somebody tell me the difference in the G-9000MS-1D and the G-9000MS-1. It is going to be one of these, I'm just wondering what the difference is beside the $30.00 in price from one place to another.

Is there a preferred vendor around?

Thanks
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by jhixf564 View Post
    Is there a preferred vendor around?
    Where do you live? That would be useful info

I updated my bio. I live in North Carolina.

Thread Information