A little unboxing...
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: A little unboxing...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A little unboxing...

Hi,
    well, I already showed the watch once or twice in the WRUW-thread but I thought after I waited so long for it to arrive (first unit that was shipped out got lost - so all in all it was a little over two months before I got it) - I might as well properly introduce it - even though it's not really a special model - it's still a personal favourite and one of my top-10 G-Shocks. So here we go - the first pic was taken in the car right after I picked it up from the post office:

The infamous "flatrate envelope" .
    Well packed in bubble wrap however:

Ah, it's a G-Shock - who would have guessed ?

The famous G-7900 in OD green:

It's one of my favourite colors for G-Shocks - yes, I'm slightly obsessed with the "military" G-Shock style - partially because I wanted to join the military when I was younger but my father wouldn't allow it - so I changed my mind in the end and part of me has always regretted it as I think I'd have been a good soldier but whatever.
    What I really like about the G-7900-3 above other OD green models is the positive display with a really good contrast - makes much more sense if you really wanted to use it "in the field".

With it's siblings - I already bought a used one from ebay shortly before because I couldn't stand the long wait:

I had a G-7900-3 before but stupidly sold it because it made a squeaking noice when pressing the mode button - but I know the guy I sold it to does wear it and is a G-Shock-fan, too so no problem. The model seems to be getting rarer but at the moment there are quite a few on ebay - it used to be less - sometimes only one or two sellers who had it at all.
    I'm not gonna write a proper review but here's some things I really like about the G-7900:
    - it has one of the loudest alarms of all the G-Shocks I have or had
    - the buttons are great
    - the delay time before digits start blinking is rather short which makes for quick adjustment of alarms or timer
    - I like the module which was used by Casio in many different models - starting with the G-9000 (without tide/moon of course which was later "unlocked") - the latest being the GLS-100
    - the alarm menu is very nice since it has SNZ as the 1st - then follow ALM1-4 - not like on most other models where the SNZ comes last
    - it's possible to scroll in both directions through the alarm menu
    - it has a "beep" sound when engaging an alarm
    - and there's indicators for every single alarm
    - module is 3194 if anybody wants to look up the manual but I guess many members here already know the features

So - I'm really glad I can add this one to the collection again - this time around it's a keeper. And a big thanks to seller "watchculture" on ebay who quickly sent out another one after the 1st one got lost - I'd have given a positive feedback but I's no longer possible as it vanished from by "buys"-list after 60 days. I still wonder though what happened to the 1st one - lost, stolen - I'll never know.

cheers, Sedi
    Last edited by Sedi; August 26th, 2013 at 02:33. Reason: typo
    Cheers
    Sedi

Re: A little unboxing...

Nice catch Sedi, it looks great! I love the military colour themed Gs, especially the Olive Green ones. I am still looking for a fairly priced G-5600KG. These colour themes looks great!!!

Enjoy it, my friend. I know you agree that the G-7900 is one of the best G-Shock releases in recent years. Love the green.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats on the pickup Sedi, I do like this colour scheme and think the olive version is one of the best looking colour schemes for the G-7900s.

I decided that it was *the* G-7900 I wanted until I stumbled upon my 7900MS-3 for cheap on the 'bay, which kind of quenched my thirst for a 7900... but I am thinking of getting a resin set of this - i think it may go well with a yellow display of the MS-3 :)

That is nice, I want one in that color. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by tse_tse View Post
    These colour themes looks great!!!
    Most definitely .
    Thanks! I hope you'll find a G-5600KG for a good price - I should have gotten a GX-56KG while they were still affordable.

cheers, Sedi
    tse_tse likes this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    Enjoy it, my friend. I know you agree that the G-7900 is one of the best G-Shock releases in recent years. Love the green.
    Thanks! Indeed I do think it's one of the best. The G-Shock Perfect Search tells me that at least the standard black model is still in production - maybe we'll see another release one day.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

@ sengyoku
    The MS is also cool - I'd have loved the G-7900MS-1 as it is the most stealthy but I never pulled the trigger and one day they were simply all gone. I picked up a MS-strap and put it on the used G-7900-3 as you can se in the pic.

@MNash87
    There's still a few out there BNIB
    Casio G Shock G Rescue Cold Resistant Watch G 7900 3DR G7900 4971850432340 | eBay

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

A little unboxing...

Cool pick indeed. Congrats
    Last edited by Deepsea_dweller; August 26th, 2013 at 03:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsea_dweller View Post
    Cool pick indeed. Congrats
    Thanks! But now it's time to save up some money for the GW-9400 .

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information