Longest lasting lume

Thread: Longest lasting lume

Longest lasting lume

My wife and I were at a movie last night and I was wearing my Seiko Sportura. It has a great lume in the beginning, but after 90 minutes it really died down and couldn't make out the time. I was thinking that I should have worn my GW-2500. I know that my Giez doesn't have a great lume. Then I was thinking about what G-Shock has the longest lasting lume. I thought it would be a good forum topic. So has anyone timed the duration of their lume?

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Longest lasting lume

If you can't read your seiko after 90 minutes, forget about any (analog) casio, they are in every aspect much worse and are infamous for their poor lume. Either go with an all-digital with nice el-backlight, or - if you want to go analog - buy yourself a H3 watch with tritium tubes. With such a watch, you will never suffer in darkness again (at least not for the next one or two decades).

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

lvt

+1 for Tritium tubes, you get the same brightness for 12 years and 50% of it for the next 12 years, in most of the cases the T lume may last longer than the watch itself ;)
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yep tritium all the way for long lasting lume. Usually not as bright though, but very readable.
    Wear what you like.

I originally thought the same as the OP about the lume not lasting very long, but then I realized after having my eyes adapting to complete darkness for a few good minutes, the lume really does last a long while. This what I learned:

It really depends on how much your eyes had adapted to the dark, not how dark it is around you. If you've been watching TV in the dark, your eyes will retain a residual glare from the television, and that will make it hard to see any kind of lume. Think bright photography flash and seeing spots, it's the same effect. If your eyes had been immersed in darkness for a while and you haven't been staring at any other source of light, you will see that the lume is still glowing strong.

I sleep with a Seiko (SNX431) and a G (7900) by my bed. Every morning I wake up an hour or two before sunrise. Every time I check the Seiko, the lume is still glowing, not as strong as the beginning of the night, but strong enough where I can see the time with very little effort, and no sunlight outside.

Thread Information