Look what the cat dragged in: my 1st 5600C

Thread: Look what the cat dragged in: my 1st 5600C

Look what the cat dragged in: my 1st 5600C

Yes it is here, my first heavy 5600C, planto wear it a lot, feels like I have the thing for ages... feels good.

Name:  5600C.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  26.4 KB

lau

Question Re: Look what the cat dragged in: my 1st 5600C

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzemannetje
    Yes it is here, my first heavy 5600C, planto wear it a lot, feels like I have the thing for ages... feels good.

Nice !
    How old is the 5600C ?

What are the 3 others 5600 you have in the back ?
    It looks like you have a GW5600.

And what is this LED watch on the right ?

Do you have more pictures of theses ?

Re: Look what the cat dragged in: my 1st 5600C

Yes, until some weeks ago I never owned a Casio, let alone a G-shock. I haven quite a lot of LED watches. Problem is that they die out on you very easy, they hate water and eat batteries like crazy. They are nice to look at but I can not wear them all the time. So I developed an interest in 5600's recently. Yes I have a G-5600RB (with the negative display and solar) and today got my first 5600C. It is an old one with the 691 module. Has some little scratches but that is ok, I am going to wear it. I hope to buy a better one (mint) in the future as a shelfqueen.

Here you see some of my LED's (and one 5600):

Name:  5600.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  82.3 KB

And this is the most beautiful vintage LED watch ever (imo), a Pulsar from the seventies, ten years ago I had the chance of buying one for only 300 gulden (some 130 euro's) but I didn't have the money then and thought it was quite expensive. Since then prices of LEDs rocketed, and altough now I am glad to have more to spend, it is still out of my budget...

Name:  pulsar1.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  36.0 KB
    Last edited by Hanzemannetje; September 3rd, 2006 at 00:38.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks great. Here are some shots of my everyday beater. Changed the band and bezel about 4mths ago. I have a piece of plastic on the face to keep it from scratching.

Very nice addition to your collection

Is it a 1987 model?

Wink Re: Look what the cat dragged in: my 1st 5600C

I haven quite a lot of LED watches. Problem is that they die out on you very easy, they hate water and eat batteries like crazy. They are nice to look at but I can not wear them all the time.

And this is the most beautiful vintage LED watch ever (imo), a Pulsar from the seventies, ten years ago I had the chance of buying one for only 300 gulden (some 130 euro's) but I didn't have the money then and thought it was quite expensive. Since then prices of LEDs rocketed, and altough now I am glad to have more to spend, it is still out of my budget...
    Hi Hans,

That is an awesome LED collection you have there. I know the feeling in the "Gulden" age. 4 Years ago f300,- was a fortune, now we spend €130,- like it's normal.

Same thing in Germany when we changed to the Euro. Was DM50,- quiet a lot of money for G-Shock in an eBay auction, within weeks everybody payed €50,- for the same kind of auction.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

The price I paid for my 5600C which is far from mint I would never have paid that in our old currency. I would never have paid anyting more than 100 GULDEN for any LCD (I once paid 100 Gulden for a mint in box National Semiconductor LCD watch and people thought that I was crazy). It's all psychology, we are all slaves of the mind: now paying an amount of 80 seems just doesn't feel as a lot, but it is indeed almost 200 old Guldens. And we are all playing this game along... (except my boss according to my paycheck...)

Hi Hans,

I know what you mean. Luckilly I work in my function for about 5 years, so I still get every year a pay raise for the next 10 years or so. With those frozen salaries a few years ago I can keep still my head above water.

BTW, Congratulations on your DW-5600C. I hope you like it!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thread Information