Look what I just bought!!!!!!!!!!!!! (x2)

Thread: Look what I just bought!!!!!!!!!!!!! (x2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Look what I just bought!!!! (LE- Dj Spooky & Four Star!!!)

Four Star

........... AND ............

Dj Spooky

I've been looking hard for these 2 models (i would take either of the 2), and an oppurtunity to get both of them came up! I've waited about 7 years to get these! Ever since my 2 mates got one each when their dad went to Japan on business!!

Can't wait, will post more pix when they arrive.

P.s. From Hong Kong, is $40US postage, PER WATCH a tad too expensive? They don't even come in their original box so I don't see what the need is to put them in seperate packages. Anywa I convined the seller to put them in a single package - the cost is now $65 as opposed to $80. Hmph...
    Last edited by dh0licious; September 5th, 2007 at 15:40.

Re: Look what I just bought!!!!!!!!!!!!! (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by dh0licious View Post
    P.s. From Hong Kong, is $40US postage, PER WATCH a tad too expensive? They don't even come in their original box so I don't see what the need is to put them in seperate packages. Anywa I convined the seller to put them in a single package - the cost is now $64 as opposed to $80. Hmph...
    Nice watch...look forward to some closer pics.

Sounds like the seller is making quite a bit of hay out of the shipping 'cost'. You'll know soon enough when you see the postage on the package. My guess would be $20 US for those two 'unpackaged' watches would still give the seller some money left over. It wouldn't cost more than that to ship them from Australia to the US and we're further away.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegum View Post
    Nice watch...look forward to some closer pics.

It wouldn't cost more than that to ship them from Australia to the US and we're further away.
    i'm from australia too =] where abouts are you?
    Last edited by dh0licious; September 3rd, 2007 at 08:04.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dh0licious View Post
    i'm from australia too =] where abouts are you?
    Ha...I didn't notice your 'location'.

I'm from Brisbane.
    Given you're in Oz, I think this seller is shafting you badly on postage. I've never paid anything like that for shipping on something as light as G's. Look at the Ebay shipping prices from Asia to Oz and they're usually around $10-18 with original box etc. Even courier would only about $35US max I'd guess.

Oh well, hope you enjoy the watches.

Hmm yes. Don't know if there is anything I can do about it though. I have tried reasoning with the seller. He speaks little english and I think is using this to his advantage by making me give up easily.

Is international postage like this done by weight, or size of box?

"ok,,,dear bidderi go to post office today,,,,two watch in one box handle and shipping by air register mail is us$65two watch in two box is us$80so i,ll send new invoice shipping cost is $65 to uhappy bidding againwashuk"

If it is done by weight, he may have a little credibility. But if it's just done by box size, then I do not see how adding another barebone watch in the box will add $25 to the postage cost!

It's usually a combination of weight and size. Given that the watches are small and light, I'd be surprised if the seller put them in a box big enough to justify the higher price/size category, and even if he did, it still shouldn't cost anything like that, especially as he's only sending it registered airmail. You'll know when it arrives just how much the postage was though.

I suspect he knows english better than he's letting on going on that excerpt.

Had a friend in the US send me a Casio in a tin and some other gear (bigger and heavier than watches) Global Express, and it was only about $25 iirc.

Wink Re: Look what I just bought!!!!!!!!!!!!! (x2)

Hi dh0licious,

Great find. A bit high on the shipping costs I think . Is it UPS or FedEx? Then the prices can be right.

I have the DJ Spooky myself, but don't have others of the Silver Collection. Great watches, the negative EL backlight is very special.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

That's a nice buy dh0licious!

Those shipping costs seem high, but I'm sure some sellers adjust them to allow cheaper prices on the items, especially when they let things go very cheap with no reserves. It can be a safety net for them in those circumstances. I'm also sure some are just being greedy.

I calculate listing and paypal fees into mine rather than add them to the item costs. There's a certain amount of 'swings and roundabouts' goes on, but you look at the total cost and decide if it's worth it.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    Those shipping costs seem high, but I'm sure some sellers adjust them to allow cheaper prices on the items, especially when they let things go very cheap with no reserves. It can be a safety net for them in those circumstances. I'm also sure some are just being greedy. .....

yeah, well i am only paying US $60 for both of the watches I decided to pay the $65 postage. Don't want to let these ones get away... bloody demand vs. supply!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information