Looking for a 2nd G-Shock

Thread: Looking for a 2nd G-Shock

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Looking for a 2nd G-Shock

Just stumbled across this forum while doing some research on my next G-Shock purchase. I currently have a GW500A that is probably the best digital watch I've ever owned, as far a function goes. I'm not a huge fan of the resin band, and after a quick search here I found that replacing this band isn't an option. So, if I were to get a second G-Shock, I'd like an analog/digital combo that either comes with or at least gives me the option of replacing the band with either something nylon or leather. I'd also like the atomic solar or tough solar option as well, if possible. Any suggestions for a watch model and/or replacement band would be greatly appreciated! :thanks
    Last edited by MurphysLaw; November 10th, 2009 at 13:49. Reason: forgot to add something

Re: Looking for a 2nd G-Shock

I can't think of one, actually. The old G-100 will take adapters but most atomic-solars come with the newer 'integrated' straps.

And a leather strap on a G-Shock is wrong...

Welcome to the forum!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Moderator G-Shock Forum

The only solution using custom straps might be a frankenshock.

The AWG-10X line will accept strap adapters from the non atomic AW-591cl or G-77XXCL.
    Those adapters will accept 24mm nato style straps

There are also serveral solar-atomic ana-digi Gs with bracelett:

AWG-100BR
    AWG-100c
    GW-2500BD
    MTG-1500

The bracelett is not easy exchangable but will probably have a longer lifespan.
    For the AWG-100 there is also a resin strap available from casio, so you could swap if you like.
    There is also a leather strap from Casio used i.e. in the AW-591MS which will fit on the AWG-100.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, leather isn't really what I want, just trying to illustrate what I'd like to do with being able to change out the strap for something else. Guess I'll have to put that idea on hold for a while...

well hold on. so does a metal bracelet appeal? if so there are multiple current production analog and ana/digi choices. and nylon / velcro is ok? there are a number of ana/digis with textile straps from the last couple years- what i'm not sure about is how integrated the band is. i.e. can the band be slid out and replaced easily. some models: g-304eh, g-312rl, aw-591cl. all of those are a little old and probably beyond the effort you want to put in to track down. in general, assume that g-shocks do not accept after-market straps. that's just not casio's g-shock intent
    Last edited by a-Tom-ic; November 11th, 2009 at 06:31.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

i'd like the nylon/velcro option if replaceable isn't an option. A metal bracelet really isn't what I'm looking for. What models come or came with the nylon/velcro straps?

Just found an AW591ms-3 that looks like it meets most of my needs, the only thing it doesnt have is the solar/atomic or tough solar, which is a bummer...

I give up...

Well after a few days of searching, I'm giving up...thanks to those of you who replied for your input, but there just isn't a G-Shock that gives me what I want, so I'll just stick with the old GW500A until there is Casio comes out with some new models.

casio makes a lot of variety, but many of us can relate to not finding the exact combination we're looking for. 24 hour count down, nylon strap, 5 alarms, etc. the matrix of features and options is so large that some combinations will be missing.

if you have any interest still, let me make this straight-forward suggestion. gw-2500, the plain steel version. less than 170 on amazon now, nice features, cool look, a new model ana/digi. i bet you'd like it.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Hi,
    It might be possible to use some of the solutions used for attaching nylon straps on the Mudman on a model like the GW-2500. The strap attachement looks very similar so I think the Suunto-clips might work for example. I'm thinking about getting those and trying it on my GW-2500. Will post it if it works out.
    btw: this is what I'm talking about:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showpos...58&postcount=1

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information