Looking for an affordable screwback G

Thread: Looking for an affordable screwback G

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Looking for an affordable screwback G

Do you have any recommendations? I am contemplating a Frogman in the future, but any other affordable options for a screwback G?

Re: Looking for an affordable screwback G

DW-5000SL:

Probably the most affordable modern day screwback. Sometimes you can get a DW-5600C quite cheap on ebay but the replacement parts are getting kind of rare nowadays.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by do335 View Post
    Do you have any recommendations? I am contemplating a Frogman in the future, but any other affordable options for a screwback G?
    Depends on your definition of affordable but you can score a vintage G for $45-$75 on ebay most times. The DW-5700 is usually available for around 50 bucks and you can fit a 5600 bezel on it. Same goes for the 5400 but you'll pay around 75 for that. Decent 5600's can be had for 100 or more depending on the auction.
    The square style 5000/5600 bezels and bands are available so that's not a problem.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

If you want an affordable screw back G-Shock, I would get the DW5000SL Spike Lee. I just stocked up on 4 brand new DW5000SL's on top of the 5th one which I already own. The DW5000SL Spike Lee is exactly just like the regular DW5600E-1V, but the only 3 differences is that the DW5000SL has an all stainless steel case, and there is a logo on the lcd display underneath the numbers and the crystal has different printing on it. The DW5000SL Spike Lee is much more durable than the regular hard plastic resin cased DW5600E-1V.
    I got mine from www.casiosalesandservice.com. They had the last few in stock. Check out their website. I believe that they currently have a few more in stock.
    Last edited by dimitribouras; August 10th, 2010 at 03:35.

Thanks for the replies! I am liking the square versions. Is there a place that stocks the retro versions, or am I about to begin an adventure on the bay to find them?

Thanks for the replies! I am liking the square versions. Is there a place that stocks the retro versions, or am I about to begin an adventure on the bay to find them?
    For the vintage models like DW-5600C you can easily find them on Ebay. Be extra careful with the conditions though. For a modern screwback like the DW-5000SL you can find them in many online shops. Ebay stocks them too.

Quote Originally Posted by dimitribouras View Post
    If you want an affordable screw back G-Shock, I would get the DW5000SL Spike Lee. I just stocked up on 4 brand new DW5000SL's on top of the 5th one which I already own. The DW5000SL Spike Lee is exactly just like the regular DW5600E-1V, but the only 3 differences is that the DW5000SL has an all stainless steel case, and there is a logo on the lcd display underneath the numbers and the crystal has different printing on it. The DW5000SL Spike Lee is much more durable than the regular hard plastic resin cased DW5600E-1V.
    I got mine from www.casiosalesandservice.com. They had the last few in stock. Check out their website. I believe that they currently have a few more in stock.
    Did you get the full packaging this time?

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Quote Originally Posted by gobulls View Post
    Did you get the full packaging this time?
    Yes I did. I ordered a total of 4 brand new DW5000SL Spike Lee screw back G-Shocks directly from Casio Watches | G-Shock | Pathfinder | Wave Ceptor | WatchBands in Huntington Beach, California.. I received 2 of them already and they both came with their individual box, tin and instruction manual. There were no tags though. I don't think that the DW5000SL Spike Lee comes with any tags. I just received the other 2 earlier today, but I haven't had time to open up the package yet.
    I love the screw back DW5000SL a lot. I own a total of 5 DW5000SL screw backs now.

I agree that DW5000SL is a good choice in this case.
    Audemars Piguet x1
    Breitling x1
    Ball x1
    Casio >160
    Glashutte Original x1
    IWC x2
    JLC x1
    Jauet Droz x1
    Nomos x1
    Omega x2
    Panerai x3
    Rolex x5
    Seiko x17
    Tudor x4

if u dont care about the spirit of origin go ahead buy a spike lee. otherwise grab a good used dw-5600c. the end price will be about the same! (inkl bezel and band for 5600c on occasion).
    regards,
    gerry fonklover

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information