Looking to buy a Frogman Black Helios...

Thread: Looking to buy a Frogman Black Helios...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Moderator Emeritus

Looking to buy a Frogman Black Helios...

Hi guys, my g shock MTG 950 is a little bit too small for my wrist and I want a bigger g shock. I have been looking and drooling for a week now and have developed a serious crush on the GW 200BC-1JF Black Helios. I believe this is a Master of G.

A few questions for the experts and those in the know:

Japan or elsewhere? I read that the Japan made G's are of better quality than the made elsewhere ones. Can somebody shed a little light on this or clear up any misconceptions?

Availability Is this a hard to get ahold of model? Is it a non-current model or is it still being produced?

Best place to buy I would seriously like to acquire the Black Helios. Can somebody point me in the right direction. I live in Canada and would like to know where to go to purchase one. Assuming the Japan model is the better one (if this is the case at all), I would like to purchase a Japan made model. Everyone on the Sinn forum knows the abuse I put my watches through so I would definitely be looking for the best made one.

Prices What price would I be looking at for this? If it still retails, what's it going for? If it is non-current, what's the market range for this model?

Also, any info anybody has on the Black Helios would be greatly appreciated including pics, pics and more pics. I think I am becoming a G-shock froggaholic. I do not want a 12 step program but want to seep deeper into the dark froggy depths and become a shockasaurus like you guys!! I surrender!!

thanks in advance,
    Tim

Re: Looking to buy a Frogman Black Helios...

there's one on ebay at the moment, in the usa I think but will ship...looks mint.

Don't really know but I think this model is hard to get, certainly it isn't currently made, might go for lots of cash!

I think if you want one you might have to put your money where your mouth is...personally I think the current TC frogman is ace and you could get a black frogman strap, the polished stainless back on the triple crown I think makes it feel a bit heavier.

I wonder is there is a solvent one could use to get the paint out of the lettering on a black triple crown bezel but without damaging the bezel? That would get close to the effect...

regards, Carrot (dave)

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by carrot
    there's one on ebay at the moment, in the usa I think but will ship...looks mint.
    Hi, I seen that but didn't want to bring attention to it in case someone's interested...not sure of this forum's stance on ongoing auctions so...purposefully left unmentioned.

Yup, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is on this one...it's the Froggie I have been looking for...I have a thing for black

cheers,
    Tim

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Tim -

Yup, no sales post on herebut you will notice my sig. email

All the best - ZZ

:-X :-D , Black Helios

Wink Re: Looking to buy a Frogman Black Helios...

Hi Tim,

I think you will love the Black Helios Frog. It's the best model I have, and I guess you already found out where I got mine from

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

*Jumping up and down in jealousy*

Question time:-X

Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sjors, Yup, I now know where you got yours...I love it. I have a question. In the pics I have seen, there seems to be two different colour schemes regarding the outer dial area immediately surrounding the digital area. Some pictures show this area in purple, others in black. Is this just due to camera angles and settings or were there two different colours?

God, I love the Black Helios!! I really would look good on me

cheers from the great white north,
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information