Looking for a digital watch that can record the maximum and minimum temperatu...
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Looking for a digital watch that can record the maximum and minimum temperatu...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for a digital watch that can record the maximum and minimum temperatu...

I am looking for a digital watch that can not only show the current temperature but also record the maximum and minimum temperature for checking later on. I guess it probably will be a Casio but am posting in other forums also just in the off chance that there may be other brands too.

Besides regular time keeping and the above mentioned temperature function, I really don't require things like baro,alti etc but I have a feeling they would be there anyways.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by fatehbajwa; December 27th, 2013 at 20:39.

Re: Looking for a digital watch that can record the maximum and minimum temperatu...

Long out of production, the TS-200 may suit your needs. It can display current temperature on homescreen and will log the temp, date and time every hour up to 30 logs for viewing later. It will also show sunrise and sunset times for past and future dates which may also be useful to you. I don't have the manual so I don't know any more specifics

OCDood and Old Smirk like this.

Re: Looking for a digital watch that can record the maximum and minimum temperatu...

I am not sure, but I thought that the old Jason (DW-001) may also have this functionality and be marginally easier to find than the TS-200 (on top of being a G-Shock).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys.....will start trawling the internet for them today.

A G9300 Mudman will give you a temperature readout but you'll have to remove it from your wrist for approximately 15 minutes before receiving an accurate readout.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    A G9300 Mudman will give you a temperature readout but you'll have to remove it from your wrist for approximately 15 minutes before receiving an accurate readout.

Thanks...but will it record the maximum and minimum temperature for checking later on?

Quite a few will do the job but they are all vintage models unfortunately.

The DW-001 and the DW-6100s will automatically record the temperature for various settable time periods ranging from one hour to eight hours. It keeps the last thirty records in its memory. So you can see how the temperature is doing over quite a long period.

The DW-9500, GL-140 and DW-004AS also automatically records the temperature every hour and keeps the last one hundred measurements in its memory.

The DW-6700 and DW-9100 record temperature every 15 minutes and keep 50 records.

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch100; December 28th, 2013 at 15:08.
    fatehbajwa likes this.

Take a look at the manuals for current Casio Sports models AQW101 and AQF100 by clicking on "Manual" on each model's (or the variants') page which could be accessed here: Sports, Mens, Womens, Ladies, Digital, Analog Wrist, Watches | CASIO America, Inc. to see if their Thermometers have what you're looking for.

Let us know what you find.
    Last edited by AirWatch; December 29th, 2013 at 00:46.
    fatehbajwa likes this.

I am pretty sure that any digital watch with a thermometer would require you to remove it from your wrist for a period of time, to give you an accurate temp reading. Correct me if I am wrong folks but I have yet to see one that can give an accurate ambient temp on-wrist, since your body heat throws it off. Also if you are in sunlight that will also throw off the reading. You basically need to take the watch off and make sure its in the shade if you want an accurate ambient temp. Not sure if the original poster expects the temp readings on-wrist...

There are some humidity/temp digital devices (free standing, not a watch) that automatically track max/min humidity and temp, I have one in my office at home. But if you need something in watch form that measures an accurate ambient temp on-wrist, and automatically saves the max/min - I seriously doubt you will find one.
    Last edited by El Gato; December 28th, 2013 at 18:09.

Here is an example of a pretty inexpensive device that will capture max/min temp (and humidity) but its not a watch. Not sure if this helps.

Amazon.com - AcuRite 00325 Home Comfort Monitor, Black

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information