Looking for G-collectors in Malaysia
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Looking for G-collectors in Malaysia

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Looking for G-collectors in Malaysia

hey malaysian g-shock collectors, identify yourselves and so one day we can meet for a tt session and also show and tell. so to get the ball rolling, i'm john and i live in kl. also any other collectors who plan to visit malaysia, maybe you can make some new friends here eh?
    in theory, theory and practice are much less the same, in practice it is hardly the case...

Re: Looking for G-collectors in Malaysia

Hi John,

This is Nick here from KL, Malaysia. Just started collecting G-Shocks about 3 months ago so I don't really have that many yet to show and tell. :( But I can send you a few pics of those that I have.

hi nick, i see you have a 25th anni mudman and a frogman on the way... nice . i'm damn tempted also but am resisting because i dont imagine wearing them that often.
    in theory, theory and practice are much less the same, in practice it is hardly the case...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hello Malaysian brothers and neighbours, so nice to see you all here. You know, I have a feeling that there is a huge potential for finding G-Shock vintages in Malaysia since it is so much bigger than tiny Singapore.

Have any of you gone from state to state hunting for G-Shocks? Is it easy to get good models there?

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoy2Go View Post
    Hello Malaysian brothers and neighbours, so nice to see you all here. You know, I have a feeling that there is a huge potential for finding G-Shock vintages in Malaysia since it is so much bigger than tiny Singapore.

Have any of you gone from state to state hunting for G-Shocks? Is it easy to get good models there?
    Hi Gameboy,

I've just started collecting G-Shocks and there are indeed some shops that I would frequent to get my watches. However, when I do travel to other states such as Sabah, I'll make it a point to check out some shops there and believe it or not, sometime they do carry the most obsolete styles that I've only seen in catalogues but the price is still rather expensive.

Nevertheless, it is indeed a fun thing to hop around and see what I could get at the end of the day. I might even drop by Singapore some time early December to scout around. Do you have any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by JoHN5 View Post
    hi nick, i see you have a 25th anni mudman and a frogman on the way... nice . i'm damn tempted also but am resisting because i dont imagine wearing them that often.
    Hi John,

Hehehe...Honestly, I think I'll only wear them once and store them away right after that! I know that they are meant to be tough and shock-resistant and all but the thought of banging my Frogman or any of my G-Shocks as a matter of fact seems quite unbearable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickster30 View Post
    Hi John,

Hehehe...Honestly, I think I'll only wear them once and store them away right after that! I know that they are meant to be tough and shock-resistant and all but the thought of banging my Frogman or any of my G-Shocks as a matter of fact seems quite unbearable for me.

Spoken like a true watch collector, Nickster!

How about this:

Buy 2, keep one, and wear the other as often as you like

Or buy 3, keep one, wear the second one, and trade/sell the third

Or buy 4, keep one, wear the second one, trade/sell the third one, and the fourth is for just-in-case

Or .....better stop here, or I'm gonna get stoned alive

Re: Looking for G-collectors in Malaysia (and neighbouring Singapore also can lah...)

haha, it's quite a vicious cycle isn't it? so many factors going into whether to purchase, then which to buy, then is it worth it, or can i get more than 1 for a better price... and after i buy, shall i wear it, how often shall i wear it...

and with regards to the watch hunting, i've done my fair share of walking around the city streets looking through all the independent old shops for new old stocks / dead stocks but so far the pickings are slim and if there are anything, the price is still kinda steep. i am usually hoping the shop would be willing to let it go cheaply as certain models are really old and the battery is usually already dead.

for example i found a shop with several dw-6200 (rally) and dw-6300 (pre-frogman) models. the 6200s were actually quite cool but the condition wasn't so good even though they appear to have been there for quite some time. the 6300s were dead and dusty but still quite pricey. so no sale for them.

so nick and ultramanpat, what industry are you in and whereabouts are you guys located?

Quote Originally Posted by ultramanpat View Post
    Spoken like a true watch collector, Nickster!

How about this:

Buy 2, keep one, and wear the other as often as you like

Or buy 3, keep one, wear the second one, and trade/sell the third

Or buy 4, keep one, wear the second one, trade/sell the third one, and the fourth is for just-in-case

Or .....better stop here, or I'm gonna get stoned alive

--------------------------------------

regards,

Kirk M.

Re: Looking for G-collectors in Malaysia (and neighbouring Singapore also can lah...)

Quote Originally Posted by JoHN5 View Post
    haha, it's quite a vicious cycle isn't it? so many factors going into whether to purchase, then which to buy, then is it worth it, or can i get more than 1 for a better price... and after i buy, shall i wear it, how often shall i wear it...

and with regards to the watch hunting, i've done my fair share of walking around the city streets looking through all the independent old shops for new old stocks / dead stocks but so far the pickings are slim and if there are anything, the price is still kinda steep. i am usually hoping the shop would be willing to let it go cheaply as certain models are really old and the battery is usually already dead.

for example i found a shop with several dw-6200 (rally) and dw-6300 (pre-frogman) models. the 6200s were actually quite cool but the condition wasn't so good even though they appear to have been there for quite some time. the 6300s were dead and dusty but still quite pricey. so no sale for them.

so nick and ultramanpat, what industry are you in and whereabouts are you guys located?

Hi John5,

I'm located in Singapore, just a skip and a hop from Malaysia, my industry is DVD disc manufacturing, and I like to visit KL when I have the time or when work sends me there for a couple of days.

Good food, a few good friends there, and great shopping as well.

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information