Looking to purchase a G-Shock for college, but have small wrists. What to consider?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Looking to purchase a G-Shock for college, but have small wrists. What to consider?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking to purchase a G-Shock for college, but have small wrists. What to consider?

The title pretty much explains it all. I'm returning to college in a few days, and would like to buy a watch for the occasion. :p However, my wrists are fairly small (about 6 inches around). Could anyone provide me with a list of models that might work, keeping in mind I'd like as little overhang as possible?

Re: Looking to purchase a G-Shock for college, but have small wrists. What to consider?

I used a DW-5600e for all of college and for everything, swimming, cycling, running, going out, class, and it was like 40 dollars. The squares will be the smallest size. So look into DW-5600e, GW-M5610 (about 110 on amazon). If you find the strap a tad uncomfortable then get a GW-5000 strap for either and it will feel better.
    Last edited by Fer Guzman; August 20th, 2013 at 21:57.

Re: Looking to purchase a G-Shock for college, but have small wrists. What to consider?

I think most people would suggest a classic square model of some sort (depending on your budget and aesthetic preferences)
    And that's probably the most sensible choice as well.
    Having said that, I have a pretty small wrist as well (6.2'), and it doesn't stop me from enjoying some of the larger g-shocks.
    They look okay to me, not sure about your preference though

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 2899
Size:  84.5 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 2955
Size:  72.8 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 2548
Size:  99.0 KB
    Crater likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Rocking a Frogman with 6.2 inch wrists, very cool! I personally do prefer a rounder case so although I may stay away from the larger models, I'd maybe go for a 6900? Thanks for the feedback so far, keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by chrispons View Post
    Rocking a Frogman with 6.2 inch wrists, very cool! I personally do prefer a rounder case so although I may stay away from the larger models, I'd maybe go for a 6900? Thanks for the feedback so far, keep them coming!
    yup, the 6900 is a good choice, it is the best selling G-Shock after all, and there is no shortage of colour options.. the G9000 mudman is also small and would fit well on smaller wrists.. then there is also the Gulfman as well.

what colour are you looking for?

Preferably black, since it will be an every day watch and it won't show dirt as much and goes with anything.

I'm really interested in the DW-6930C. It's more of a watch with sentimental as oppose to practical value I supposed (no tough solar, not atomic).
    But it looks great and it is the 30th anniversary model.

Name:  DW6930C-1_xlarge.png
Views: 2558
Size:  252.5 KB

Name:  dw-6930c-1jr-b.jpg
Views: 3149
Size:  97.9 KB

I am not sure if GW7900B-1 passes as "round," but I think this is a pretty great choice simply because it is such a badass looking g-shock :)

Name:  website-95.jpg
Views: 2449
Size:  108.2 KB

You can also consider the aviator line
    They are very comfortable on the wrist in my experience. But they are not as convenient as their digital counterparts in terms of functionality
    Name:  20120616_215ed3.jpg
Views: 2461
Size:  142.7 KB
    Last edited by angrypossum; August 20th, 2013 at 22:49.

Quote Originally Posted by angrypossum View Post
    I think most people would suggest a classic square model of some sort (depending on your budget and aesthetic preferences)
    And that's probably the most sensible choice as well.
    Having said that, I have a pretty small wrist as well (6.2'), and it doesn't stop me from enjoying some of the larger g-shocks.
    They look okay to me,
    Well, but they're still too big for You

BTW, what do You mean with "classic square models", when I hear that, I think usually at GX56...? :-P

OK, now I'm going back to be serious; there are also some, relatively small, non-square models to go, 7710 (I've discovered it last time and I'm.... in love with it ;) ), 9000, 9100...

But 5600 would be also OK.

Just to get a taste... What is that "G"...? Do I need it? The functionality, look, and so on...? ;)

You'll not spend much money, and You'll give You an opportunity to check, if a G-shock is something for You at all.

I would do it this way (did it for me, 5600 was my first one :))
    Mr. Ibe's unofficial fanclub ;)
    ------------------------------
    The legacy is more intimidating than any opposition... WGFM

Quote Originally Posted by rybak View Post
    Well, but they're still too big for You
    NOOOO they are NOT too big for me........... I insist! :P

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 2426
Size:  89.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rybak View Post
    BTW, what do You mean with "classic square models", when I hear that, I think usually at GX56...? :-P
    Hmmm, yeah, this one is kind of too big ;)
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 2411
Size:  67.6 KB
    Crater likes this.

I personally think big watches are really cool but whatever rocks your boat ya know? So I believe, 6900 might be a good choice for you. It's round, it's not as huge, and there are A LOT of 6900 variants around. Since you mention black, here are 8 of them. If these 8 doesn't catch you eyes, then 6900 probably ain't for you =)

1) G-6900CC-1 (Glossy black bezel and strap with glitters, negative red display, Tough Solar)
    Name:  g-shock-6900-black-red-g-6900cc-1-g-6900cc-1-image.png
Views: 4738
Size:  184.8 KB

2) DW-6900SN-1 (Glossy Black bezel and strap, negative black display)
    Name:  g-shock-6900-black-w-green-dw6900sn-1-black-w-green-dw6900sn-1-image.png
Views: 2719
Size:  170.9 KB

3) DW-6900MS-1 (military series, matte blackout watch)
    Name:  cgdw6900ms-1cr_thum1___12194.jpg
Views: 2569
Size:  9.9 KB

4) DW-6900CR-1 (crocodile skin series. Bezel and strap glossy black, all buttons gold-colored)
    Name:  gshock-dw-6900CR-1-black.jpg
Views: 2522
Size:  108.7 KB

5) GW-6900B-1 (Orange display, Tough solar, Multiband ftw)
    Name:  1341282254_407833541_1-Pictures-of--Casio-G-Shock-GW6900B-1-Black-Tough-Solar-Multi-band.jpg
Views: 2450
Size:  26.7 KB

6) DW-6900GB-1 (Glossy black bezel and strap. black and gold series)
    Name:  dw_6900gb_1adr_11__42237.jpg
Views: 4974
Size:  103.8 KB

7) DW-6900NB-1 (Glossy bezel and strap, positive display, silver dial)
    Name:  DW6900HM-1.jpg
Views: 3999
Size:  37.9 KB

8) DW-6900 BAPE (a black 6900 but with little colors added to spice things up)
    Name:  bape-casio-g-shock-dw-6900-black-rainbow.jpg
Views: 10499
Size:  60.1 KB

THere are still tonnes of them. Hope this helps!

9)
    Crater likes this.
    My Current Beater:
    Casio G-Shock: GW-2310FB-1CR

-=[My Pelican 1495; Home for my Gs]=-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information