Looking for some advices
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Looking for some advices

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for some advices

My 14 years old cheap Casio watch's band broke recently (It was replaced many times before, though) and I decided that it is time to invest into a serious watch. When I saw the MTG-S1000D on the net I fell in love with it immediately and went to the nearest shop ready to throw away (to me, at least) a hefty chunk of money. However, it turned out that the watch is way too big for my wrist (I'm a very skinny Asian). As I'm totally new to the watch world, I'm looking for some advices for a replacement. (Any brands is ok, I know this is the Casio sub forum but I saw the whole G-shock catalog already). In particular these should:
    -have a
    MTG-S1000D-like design (I'm madly in love with this style ) with smaller size (ideally MTG 1200-like, though a little bit bigger is still okay)
    -Stainless steel band (I don't really like idea of a more-than-20-bucks plastic watch, be it carbon fiber or not). Titanium and the likes are overkill and my budget is limited.
    -Should have a crown (otherwise the MTG 1200 would be perfect already )
    Much appreciated.

Re: Looking for some advices

Hi, welcome.
    I dont think there are heaps of all-metal Gshocks available.
    In my opinion take a look at the edifice range there is probably a dozen or more that look very similar.
    Also they are cheap, reliable, water proof and can take a knocks and bumps no worries
    e.g.

Buy Casio Edifice Chronograph Black Dial Men's Watch - EFR-501SP-1AVDF (EX051) Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in
    Last edited by Davidro; November 30th, 2014 at 15:06.
    ~~: Vintage Screwback & Classic/JDM G collector :~~
    Screwbacks {DW5000C.. {DW5200.. {DW5400.. {DW5500C.. {DW5600C-1, 1V, 9V, 9CV, 5600B-3V, 5600D-1.. {DW5700..
    {DW5000-1JF.. {GW5000-1JF..
    Illuminators DW5300 DW6600, DW6600B, DW6600G-9V, DW6695-A, DW069, Dw6900, DW6900BF, DW8300 DW8120
    Other Watches: Rolex 116300 ( DatejustII), Orient Conductor, Sandoz Submariner.

Invicta Daytona is 40mm, model 9223 is quartz for about $60US. They make an automatic version with a Seiko movement as well.

Last edited by yankeexpress; November 30th, 2014 at 15:16.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator G-Shock Forum

For a 14y/o who is braking the watch band (with sports/outdoor?) acivities, it might be tolerable to exchange bands rather then getting bracelett watches.
    If the watch get caught on something then i would prefer a broken band over a broken wrist and an still intact bracelett.

The 5600s bands are cheap and widely available, an exchange takes 5min.

Oterwise, if the bracelett is safe, the MTG-9XX series is still there and more affordable then the newer series.

Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    For a 14y/o who is braking the watch band (with sports/outdoor?) acivities, it might be tolerable to exchange bands rather then getting bracelett watches.
    If the watch get caught on something then i would prefer a broken band over a broken wrist and an still intact bracelett.

The 5600s bands are cheap and widely available, an exchange takes 5min.

Oterwise, if the bracelett is safe, the MTG-9XX series is still there and more affordable then the newer series.
    Thanks everyone for your advices.
    I'm not 14 btw (well into late 20s if you're curious), 14 is my old watch, which I received as a gift 14 years ago. Aside from the band it is still doing fine, It's just that I feel it is time to get a decent watch.
    I can afford up to 1500$ with no problem, and as I said I looked through the whole G-shock catalog already, please read my original post well before making (no offense) useless comment.
    @Davidro The Edifices look promising. Thank you very much.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Quote Originally Posted by mocxi View Post
    please read my original post well before making (no offense) useless comment.
    eehm, you could read this (no offense) before posting G-Shock advice requests.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/sta...ck-850524.html
    Mike K and Crater like this.

Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

Quote Originally Posted by mocxi View Post
    ...please read my original post well before making (no offense) useless comment.
    To be fair, your original post could have been worded a little better -- the "s" after "year" in "My 14 years old cheap Casio watch's band broke recently" is a little ambiguous and somewhat poorly worded. Not everybody on the internet is an expert at punctuation, and on an international forum there are a lot of non-native English speakers.

"The band on my 14 year old, cheap Casio watch broke recently"
    means that the watch is fourteen years old, with no confusing, potentially possessive "s" involved.

"My 14 year old's cheap Casio watch band broke recently"
    means that you're the parent of a teenager, and that his watchband broke.

d2mac's link to the oft-quoted "Start Here" thread is a good place to try to narrow down any G-Shock search.
    d2mac likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    eehm, you could read this (no offense) before posting G-Shock advice requests.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/sta...ck-850524.html
    As Mike K kindly pointed out my post has bad wording and I'm sorry for that. I'm not a native English speaker.
    However, it seems clear to me that you still have not bothered to try to understand my original post. As I stated, I'm NOT particularly looking for advices on G-Shock, but for a G-shock (in particular the MTG-S1000D) replacement, because I looked through the whole G-shock catalog already and I can understand written English well enough. I also acknowledged that this is the G-shock sub forum and may be not suitable for such advice requests. However since I can't find any better places here in watchuseek.com I thought I may get the answer from G-shock lovers.
    As Davidro and yankeexpress were able to comprehend and reply kindly with exactly the kind of information I wanted, I think my original post is not that difficult to read?

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    Thank you very much. If only my wrist was bigger, I would definitely buy it. Too bad...
    Update: It turned out the Seiko Astron SSE011 is a very good candidate. Do you happened to have any good deal?
    Last edited by mocxi; December 1st, 2014 at 08:30.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information