Looking for theories as to what happened!? GW3500
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cal..45
  • 1 Post By LUW

Thread: Looking for theories as to what happened!? GW3500

Looking for theories as to what happened!? GW3500

Today when selecting a watch, I noticed that my GW3500 was stuck on 11:14 (just the hour and minute hands - everything else was completely functional). Went in and did an auto hand home position correction, and the hour and minute hands didn't move at all.
    Charge indication was high. Threw it under a lamp for about 3 hours to see if maybe it would shock it back to life, but to no avail.

I tried a hand auto-correct again (manually triggered), got pissed the hands weren't moving still, and threw it on the table.
    TADA - hands adjusted themselves and now they work perfectly.

What would cause the hands to stick like that? Is this what I should expect in the future? - random times when the hands stop moving and i have to slam my watch around to make it work.

Would love to hear your thoughts -
    Thanks

Re: Looking for theories as to what happened!? GW3500

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_James View Post
    Today when selecting a watch, I noticed that my GW3500 was stuck on 11:14 (just the hour and minute hands - everything else was completely functional). Went in and did an auto hand home position correction, and the hour and minute hands didn't move at all.
    Charge indication was high. Threw it under a lamp for about 3 hours to see if maybe it would shock it back to life, but to no avail.

I tried a hand auto-correct again (manually triggered), got pissed the hands weren't moving still, and threw it on the table.

What would cause the hands to stick like that? Is this what I should expect in the future? - random times when the hands stop moving and i have to slam my watch around to make it work.

Thanks
    Interesting problem, and solution! I have no idea what would have caused it, but I have often worked the same thinking process through to a solution with technical gadgets. The thinking being, 'well, it's broken anyway, what harm can it do!'. I have in the past treated gadgets with the same amount of disrespect when not working - the microsoft equivilent of re-booting. Like I said, I've no idea of the cause, but I'd be fairly confident that it won't happen again...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Got the same problem with my brand new 1250, non atomic though, tried everything but nothing seems to be working. I cant even throw it because its still brand new! Really pissed at Casio for my first Gshock purchase.

Check my thread, have posted some pictures you may relate to:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/gra...ml#post5757546

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_James View Post

Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I had the same problem with a GW-2000 once. It is unknown what caused the hands to stop but nothing could bring them back to move, until I threw the darn thing onto the floor. Made me think hard about the the reliability of analog G's and as a result I'll stuck to digital Casios ever since.

cheers
    TedDotCom likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

LUW

Moving parts = stuff to go wrong.
    Unfortunately that's a law of nature .
    StephenWatch likes this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

The seconds hand in my GS-1150 is getting stuck from time to time at some random position, but I've never needed to throw it on the floor. Few gentle knocks and it's working again. :)
    Please excuse my imperfect English :)

MY SMALL COLLECTION @WATCHSHOCK: CLICK

Thread Information