It looks like a fake Frogman on a big swedish auction site - help me out
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: It looks like a fake Frogman on a big swedish auction site - help me out

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

It looks like a fake Frogman on a big swedish auction site - help me out

Hello there.
    Please help me out. On this swedish auction site, at one of the biggest and most trusted auction houses in Sweden, it seems that they are trying to sell an fake Frogman. It is very well done (marked with pure Casio Logo and Frogman brand) but look on the digital numbers and expecially the letter 7 it doesn't like Casio-ish. And Casio don't use that kind of screws, right? If we can certify for sure it is a fake (I'm 99,9 percent sure but want to be 100) I will go and tell them that they are trying to sell an fake Frogman. I also know that Frogmans are quite expensive (don't know why actually...) and this auction starts at 50 swedish crowns that is 6 US dollars $

Besides from the 7 letter and the screws, what are the fake things you see on the picture, that isn't on a regular Frogman? (I am not so used to handle and see Frogman's and not old ones, they are claiming that this one is from 2008)

Name:  frogman.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  48.9 KB
    Last edited by sportmats; October 1st, 2017 at 23:51.

Re: It looks like a fake Frogman on a big swedish auction site - help me out

Quote Originally Posted by sportmats View Post
    Hello there.
    Please help me out. On this swedish auction site, at one of the biggest and most trusted auction houses in Sweden, it seems that they are trying to sell an fake Frogman. It is very well done (marked with pure Casio Logo and Frogman brand) but look on the digital numbers and expecially the letter 7 it doesn't like Casio-ish. And Casio don't use that kind of screws, right? If we can certify for sure it is a fake (I'm 99,9 percent sure but want to be 100) I will go and tell them that they are trying to sell an fake Frogman. I also know that Frogmans are quite expensive (don't know why actually...) and this auction starts at 50 swedish crowns that is 6 US dollars $

Besides from the 7 letter and the screws, what are the fake things you see on the picture, that isn't on a regular Frogman? (I am not so used to handle and see Frogman's and not old ones, they are claiming that this one is from 2008)

Name:  frogman.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  48.9 KB
    For one, it says "chock resist", on the dial face. Font is wrong. The three dials are wrong. It is rubbish.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    O_N_E, kubr1ck, DDickson73 and 1 others like this.

Banned

It's a very Chocking fake!
    grinch_actual likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Reminds me on a nearby 'Japanese' restaurant with it's name misspelled. Of course it is run by non-Japanese people.

That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch_actual View Post
    For one, it says "chock resist", on the dial face. Font is wrong. The three dials are wrong. It is rubbish.

Yes of course. I see that now

No worries, brother! You knew it was wrong. Can't hurt to double check.

Another give away for fake G's is if you see the top left button isn't "Adjust", this one has it for the light.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Come on folks, who doesn't like a 'chock' watch? LOL
    Adam020 likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Embarrassing for the auction house as this piece even made it far enough to be listed.
    Adam020 and WES51 like this.

Timepieces

2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000NV 2AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000MB 1AJF
    ​2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000K 7AJR ICERC
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast