Loose Fit vs Tight Fit

Poll: Loose Fit vs Tight Fit

Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Loose Fit vs Tight Fit

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Loose Fit vs Tight Fit

And no, I'm not talking about jeans. How do you like to wear your watch? Do you prefer snug and secure, or do you like room to move?
    All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Re: Loose Fit vs Tight Fit

On more than one occasion in the past I've made holes between holes to make a strap fit perfectly.

It's quite important to me to get the right fit in that respect (loose enough to feel comfortable but tight enough not to slip around all over the place).

Normally I find that when you first put a watch on and adjust it to fit, it's perfect for a few minutes and then something strange happens whereby your body seems to increase your blood pressure in response to the 'tourniquet effect' of the watch, whence it starts to feel a bit too tight, and you have to readjust the strap/bracelet.

My original 5600C has a strap with the 4th hole in just the right place, so sometimes I sleep in it for that reason.

The GW 5000 is just a tiny weeny bit snugger on that same hole, although the extra softness and flexibility afforded by the unusually soft rubber strap material means it's still fine (and so often gets used as the other bedtime watch for this reason).

With larger watches which hang slightly over the edge of my wrist it's not difficult to get a good fit, as the strap can easily flex a bit at the hangover points.

For pool (as I mentioned in another thread) it's very important to have enough give in the strap to let me flex my wrists while taking awkward shots, and so I've paid very careful attention to this question in the past, hence my rather detailed answer here.

Interesting thread anyway (for me). I'll keep my eye on it over the next day or so and see what other users think about this.
    Last edited by G-Shock Absorber; May 15th, 2012 at 14:49.

I voted loose and moveable, but the real answer is it depends. Most of the time I wear my watches loose. When I see wrist shots on here I'm always amazed how tight people can stand to wear watches. But, if I'm doing something physical and the watch is moving too much I'll tighten it a notch. There isn't a single watch I've ever found that has a perfect fit that always works. That is why I cannot stand bracelets.
    Current
    DW-8200MS "Kermit in Smoke" Frogman
    DW-8200F-4 Red Frogman
    GW-200-2 "Navy" Frogman - modded
    DW-5000SP "Bloody Project Team Tough mod"
    DW-9900 Frogman
    DW-5700 with 5600EH crystal "Screwback Eric Haze"
    GW-5000
    Beater G-3110

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This is easy for me.
    Hole no. 6 during the day
    Hole no. 7 when I sleep.
    Watch is a PRG-240.

I am moody....
    Depends on the watch. I notice myself wear big watch loose, small watch snug.

Usually I wear it loose enough to get a finger between my arm and the strap to allow for proper bloodflow. When I'm racing my bike I prefer it not to wobble around so I wear it tighter.. but it's not a G .. dunno if the OP was limiting this poll to G-Shocks or watches in general

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    Usually I wear it loose enough to get a finger between my arm and the strap to allow for proper bloodflow. When I'm racing my bike I prefer it not to wobble around so I wear it tighter.. but it's not a G .. dunno if the OP was limiting this poll to G-Shocks or watches in general
    Good point, and I guess it can be for any watch too. I notice my friends who do wear metal watches almost always wear them loose. I always hear the "jingle" as they shake their wrist to adjust.
    All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Loose.

Don't like to watches tight. Uncomfy and leaves a mark.

from the CASIO Japan official site

(Frequently Asked Question) Q & A
    Handling of product
    Q2: How to install the band?
    A2: Band by finding the difference between a margin of about one finger enter, please use.

http://support.casio.jp/answer.php?cid=002001001001&qid=6282&num=2

I keep a space for one (or two) hole(s) from a tight state.
    I am sorry if you don't understand what I say, my English skills are really poor (bad).

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

You missed one entry: Do you wear your watch "just right"--not too loose or too tight? Many of mine happen to have a strap hole position that helps me achieve a comfortable fit. Some don't... and it's either too loose or too snug. In those cases, I always go for loose. Too snug is simply uncomfortable.

But a lot of this also depends upon the season and room temperature. In the summer, my wrist swells and watches that fit fine in winter with a particular strap setting become uncomfortable; in the winter, the reverse ends up happening. Some have two positions on the straps that serve well for each season. Others seem to fit better in one season or another. Sometimes that influences when I wear them.

One exception with not having to adjust is my GW-M5600BC with composite bracelet. Somehow it remains just "about right" no matter what time of year.
    Last edited by xevious; May 15th, 2012 at 17:28.
    G-Shock Absorber likes this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information