Lost with DHL .... Watch Gone. ..... .... .... ....

Thread: Lost with DHL .... Watch Gone. ..... .... .... ....

Lost with DHL .... Watch Gone. ..... .... .... ....

Dear all,

i purchased an expensive watch from the states. i had it requested by DHL and after payment, the sender gave me the airway bill number. apparently the item has been lost since it's nearly a week. the seller knows about this and has actually been very kind enough to refund me in full for the watch. im very sore because its a beautiful watch and i just cant get over it.

i mean, DHL's supposed to be a reliable shipper and with a given tracking number, they now claim the tracking number is invalid.

any idea how i can trace it back, or has anyone had similar encounters? please advice...thanks.. .... ...

Re: Lost with DHL .... Watch Gone. ..... .... .... ....

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanFreak View Post
    Dear all,

any idea how i can trace it back, or has anyone had similar encounters? please advice...thanks.. .... ...
    Sorry to hear about the lost watch. I feel your pain...been there a number of times.

DHL sucks. I've had numerous dealings with them through my place of employment and there's just no other way about it: DHL is bottom of the barrel among delivery services. Their employees just have no idea what's going on. And the drivers... One driver along our route ran over the FedEx box on the corner and tore it off the concrete pedestal. It was laying in the middle of the road with a long yellow gash on it!

I also have had very bad experiences with DHL. Never again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by casiophile View Post
    Sorry to hear about the lost watch. I feel your pain...been there a number of times.

DHL sucks. I've had numerous dealings with them through my place of employment and there's just no other way about it: DHL is bottom of the barrel among delivery services. Their employees just have no idea what's going on. And the drivers... One driver along our route ran over the FedEx box on the corner and tore it off the concrete pedestal. It was laying in the middle of the road with a long yellow gash on it!
    DHL drives me nuts. Instead of dropping my Tissot at the leasing office, they threw it over the wall into my patio area. Luckily I left one of my soft nylon fold out chairs out so that it had a soft place to land. I was fuming, considering at the time it was the most I had spent on a watch.

DHL Sucks. I only deal with UPS when I can and they've been 100% accurate and on time for every watch I've ever bought and that's a lot!
    It's always sunny in Boise!!

I've been importing gear from the US for many years, mostly by USPS, and I can tell you the service has never once failed. Not a single thing lost, but even more impressive is the speed of delivery to Oz...it often rivals courier service which typically costs ~3x what USPS does.

May be we get special treatment cause we're Aussies.

Don't get me started on Canadian international post.

i'll never go with DHL again. im still feeling very sore to this very day as i know i won;t be seeing the watch in the near future. I hope the person who has it, will be truthful enough to return to the sender or receipient.

*sighs*

I didn't know!
    Thanks for sharing this information.

-Gawain
    Orient: Black Mako (FEM65001BW)
    G-Shock: DW9052-2V, DW56RT-1V, G2500-3V, DW-9700UL-9T, DW-003S, DW-003H-9T, G9000-MX4, DW-004, GW-9200RJ-4JF, G-5500SRF
    Seiko: SKX781 Orange Monster, SNK807 Seiko 5, SUN017P1, SNP105 (incoming)
    Tissot: PRC200
    Other: Stuhrling Skeleton (1070.33161)

"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take this moment and make it perfect."
    ---Dr. Simon Atkins

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
    ---Albert Einstein

"The capper is that, like life, golf is a game that can't be won, only played."
    ---Bagger Vance

Thread Information