Love or Hate the 6900 series?
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Love or Hate the 6900 series?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Love or Hate the 6900 series?

Hey Guys and Gals,
    I personally never liked the 6900 series. Just does not 'do it' for me. Same w/ the 'Jason' back in the day. Even w/ all the different configurations- still no WOW factor for me.
    I feel I may be alone on this- seems like a very popular series in the retail market-their everywhere!
    So whats your stance on this series and is there a combo out there to change my mind on this 'ho hum' watch?
    Thanks in advance for your opinions :)
    capt_RENGT likes this.

Re: Love or Hate the 6900 series?

Neither. I like it, but don't love it. To some it is the quintessential G, but to me that is the 5xxx series. There are a lot of variants of the 6900 that I like. But, if I'm going to wear a basic black G (which I do a lot), I doubt it'll be a 6900.

Jay

I agree with you. The watch looks are average but maybe that's why people like them. The thing that I noticed is that the band is too stiff where it attaches to the lobes. Also the features and functions are too basic and needs updating.
    Also the 3 round circles are useless.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

They are so ubiquitous that they have lost some appeal for me, not to mention the lack of features. I can still appreciate a really good design, some of the collaborations like the Brooklyn Circus, Krink, or the new ICERC.

I definitely like the GW-6900 better than the DW-6900, mainly because the "eyes" on the DW are pointless. I find the watch wears too large for what it is (a glorified stopwatch). I am willing to give my 200 series frogmans a pass for being glorified stopwatches (the other features are somewhat of a joke) simply because the frogman design looks so awesome. The 6900 does not look awesome to me on its own, but it is one of the signature G-shock shapes so I would be sad if they got rid of it.

I love the 6900 series. One of the biggest reasons that makes me like it so much is that it fits my wrist perfectly. Another factor is that it is recognized as a classic G-Shock, but still has modern appeal. I also like a lot of the collaboration models, and most of them are done using the 6900 as a base.
    Last edited by DBlock72; July 15th, 2011 at 05:25.

The 6900 is a classic. I like the style, love the feel - it may be the most comfortable G I've tried. However, I don't think I would ever have a DW. The two five second eyes seem pretty useless. I absolutely intend to have a GW6900 in my collection though. It might be my next one, in fact.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Agree 100% w/ your take on it. The frogman design is the pinnacle for me, or maybe collecting 'Limited Editions' and special series like the ICERC & WCCS has jaded my out look? I also gravitate to any model of ICERC...

I must admit, i'm not a fan of the 6900 series either. It just dosen't appeal to me.Each to their own i guess!
    Mike

LOVE em. Not fancy or froofy, and yet big and bold.
    franzy and xaho like this.
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

i don't love or hate this series
    as of today, i haven't had any
    but i would buy and wear the Gw-6900cc-6jf simply because there is no other gshock has this color
    the gw-6900eb because of the jelly band,
    GW6900BC-1 because of its negative display go with the black Bracelet
    the yellow G6900A-9 would make my list too

i would rather get these than those collaborations, most of them are interesting, but I don't do 2-year battery

as for the jason series, I used to ignore them, until i saw the G-001HC-1DR

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information