LOVE this new GShock GW3000 on custom leather NATO !!!!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By ALDRoss

Thread: LOVE this new GShock GW3000 on custom leather NATO !!!!

Banned

LOVE this new GShock GW3000 on custom leather NATO !!!!

Bought this GShock GW3000 off a very nice guy here on the forum. I really prefer leather straps or stainless bracelets so I ordered the GShock PRW-1300 conversion adapters from TiKTox.com. Arrived in 4 days!! Very well run company out of the UK. I stitched up a nice leather NATO with some bulk to it. I have to say i don't think this ones coming off my wrist any time soon! Just thought i would share.

FYI The adapters are not made for this watch but do fit. They come with two extra screw bars and the adapters. There is a gap that leaves some of the bar exposed but no big deal. I stealthed the plastic by soaking them for 20 min in goof off. The lettering rubbed right off with a paper towel. I will probably duracoat them and the bezel later though. Let me know what you think...

Dustin Ross
    ALDRoss
    N80

Name:  gshock7.jpg
Views: 1673
Size:  144.3 KBName:  gshock.jpg
Views: 2099
Size:  141.8 KBName:  gshock2.jpg
Views: 1974
Size:  132.5 KBName:  gshock4.jpg
Views: 1501
Size:  136.0 KBName:  gshock5.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  141.1 KBName:  gshock3.jpg
Views: 1299
Size:  142.8 KBName:  gshock6.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  156.5 KB
    greg1491, dynosaur, etejut and 1 others like this.

Re: LOVE this new GShock GW3000 on custom leather NATO !!!!

Interesting, very different.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Great looking mod Dustin. I'm sure it's more comfy than the standard strap. Thanks for the info on removing the lettering with goof off. I have a couple of resin straps that I would like to remove lettering from.
    Greg

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

No problem. Tiktox actually recommended mild acetate but when i used it I had to rub it mor vigorously thus slightly damaging the surface. The goof off worked much better.

Nice mod. I like the leather strap idea, but I would have gone with black leather; jmho. You will have to show us it after the Duracoat

Thanks for ID'ing the TikTox part. Unfortunately on their site they do not mention the GW-3000, so you made it easy for me. I'm in luck cause my dad has the LumTec Combat B17, which comes with several straps, among them 2 great looking Zulus. Dad can only wear one at a time ... ..|^/.

The price shipped to America was $34.30 after sterling to dollars conversion. I have them on order. I'm also not crazy about the tan leather on that watch. Would love to see it blacked out, but it looks comfortable as hell. Don't get it wet!
    whatcha got in the dark if you ain't got tritium or a backlight? a wristband is all ...

Thread Information