Major problem with FedEx delivery need advice from experienced people!

Thread: Major problem with FedEx delivery need advice from experienced people!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Major problem with FedEx delivery need advice from experienced people!

Hello!

So this is my problem I bought a watch from the bay and yes its a G in case anyone wonders

I bought it from Singapore and the seller offered as an option Fedex expedited shipment. According to the info on the sellers listing the delivery time is supposed to be 3-4 working days with that option thats why I choosed that option in the first place rather then regular shipment that will take 2 weeks. I payed $28 for FedEx instead of regular $18 for standard registered airmail. The seller got my payment yesterday and sent my watch out the same day(eg yesterday by now). Now I have recieved a tracking nr and according to the time of arrival info on that tracking page the estimated time of arrival is Monday 31'th July at 6 PM(18.00) CET(I am in Sweden).

This scares the .... out of me!:-S

Thats 7 days and the major problem for me is that I am travelling abroad at that day. At 18.00 I will be at Arlanda Airport and my flight leaves at 18.55 CET. Thats only 55 minutes later and I will already have passed the security checkpoints at 18.00 and waiting for my flight. I so much wanted to use the watch while on vacation and there will be no one home to take the delievry nor answering any calls!. I will not be back untill August 15 or so.

So how do I solve this

How often is the Time of arrival incorrect and the delivery will be earlier?
    In worst case scenario do you think it Is possible to arrange to have the courier deliver the package to me at the airport in the check in terminal rather then my home address that is written on the package?

I think I will be able to receive it there about 16.30-17.00 CET.

I have never had delivery with FedEx before or any other courier service. Will there be any extra charges that I have to pay directly to the delivery guy?

How often do you have to pay custom and tax?

Will that be in the form of a bill sent home?

I know in Sweden the tax is 25% on the value+shipping then additional 2-4% on top of that as toll. But in the regular custom when not using FedEx that have their own custom department for fast process there is an inofficiall rule not to charge such fees on packages below 200 sek or about $30 so I had
    the seller label the package as $28 value and gift(in reality I payed $93 total). Hopefully I will not have to pay any customs or tax!.

But my biggest concern is now the delivery problems!
    I am shitting in my pants soon over this!

I just noticed the current status that it had been picked up and is now at Singapore SG!. It was picked up 01.57 AM but dont know whos time that is if it is CET or Singaporean time!.

Wink Re: Major problem with FedEx delivery need advice from experienced people!

Hi Joakim,

The FedEx work very efficient. Within 10 minutes you've got the package the status of a package showes " Delivered" on the tracking site! It's strange it take 7 days, but that can be due flight plans and delivery routes in Sweden. Since Scandinavia is a small populated, I can imagine FedEx only deliveres on several days.

Don't you have a neighbor who can watch your house when you leave? Can't you contact the Fed Ex in Sweden? Maybe they can store the package at a distribution centre for local pick up. I had it once with my red DW-8140. It was returned to the distribution centre 30km from here, and I could pick it up so I could avoid it delivered again when nobody's home.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Major problem with FedEx delivery need advice from experienced people!

I'd suggest that you contact FedEx and inquire if you might be able to further expedite delivery for an additional fee. It's likely that can be done. Have the tracking number handy when you call them.

I'm not certain about how customs tariffs are collected in Europe if you use FedEx. In the US FedEx pays the customs tariffs, delivers the parcel and then mails a bill to the receiving party requesting payment for the customs tariff.

Good luck! I hope that your watch arrives on time for your trip.
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Hi Joakim -

That is .... scary and totally uncomfortable toppled in with the inconvenience

Lets see

First off, contact FED X in your country, supply all your details, parcel tracking number, and sender.

Tell them exactly what you typed below.

See if they will hold your parcel for you until you return.

It may arrive yet, anyone's guess.

FED X does offer a great service, and I used them whilst at SOCOG as they were a major sponsor of ours.

Most people would use the FED EX option if they are heavy posters as they would probably have an account, thus fairly cheap postage prices.

Let us know what happens and my fingers are crossed for you in the hope it arrives a day before you leave

Aloha Joakim, I had a problem very similar to yours at the end of last year. I ordered a MIS Raysman and because it was th Christmas season, (many packages to and fro..) the delivery time went waaay past the schedule. I should have had a week to get used to my new watch but instead I started panicking as my impending vacation back to Hawaii turned the corner. I actually got the watch an hour before I left for the airport! I never want to cut it that close again!

In your case I hope you don't worry so much as it is a regular time of year and I've found most of the delays happen in custom and this isn't a time when custom should be overloaded with packages. I think FedEX is pretty efficient and you'll hopefully get your watch for your upcoming trip. In the future, maybe you should try EMS speedpost when buying from Asia. They are the fastest delivery service IMO. I've had watches get to me in less than a week. IN fact, I just got my GW-1200TDJ in 3 days from Japan! Well, keep us updated when you get the watch in...

Locomoco.

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Hi Locomoco -

As I think you know, I used to send many watches around the world for many years from Japan using EMS.

It is extremely fast, I think my record from Japan to UK was two days.

It's on my EBay feedback.

Part of the reason it is so fast, is because Japan has absolutely no security procedures for outgoing mail whatsoever.

I'm located in country Queensland now and when I post from here, it goes to Brisbane, then Sydney, then overseas.

At every port locally along the way, the package gets X-rayed, scanned, possibly sniffer dogged, if suspected suspicious, it will be held up and opened for inspection before leaving the country.

Mainly checking for hazordous contents before it boards the airplane.

I have no doubt, that many receiving countries would have the same process on incoming mail, toppled in with possible customs tax delay.

So things are not as easy as they seem.

I wish they bloody well were

Joakim,

Problem with FedEx is that they take care of Import duties and Taxes I guess you will have to pay for that. They also take some strange routs, when I orderd from Germany, it went to Paris first, then back to Germany and then Sweden :) But it only took 2 days in total. Call FedEx Sweden, they can hold the package till you get back home.

Cheers,
    Mike
    Steinhart Nav-B II
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT
    Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage Red
    Steinhart Triton 100ATM Stahl
    Poseidon Pro 500
    Seiko Helmet 1976
    Marina Militare knock-off for $5
    Casio MTD1054

Just spoke with my sister-in-law who is a courier for FedEx Ground (a subsidiary of FedEx). She advises that you can upgrade the speed of delivery for an added fee.

If money isn't an issue call FedEx and arrange for a faster method of delivery service.

Both Ozzie and Seiya are incredibly fast shippers. But I'm tired of Ozzie's parcels having kangaroo poop on them!:-D :-D :-D
    Last edited by Mike Hogan; July 25th, 2006 at 16:07.
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hogan
    But I'm tired of Ozzie's parcels having kangaroo poop on them!:-
    :-D

Cool Re: Major problem with FedEx delivery need advice from experienced people!

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors
    Hi Joakim,

The FedEx work very efficient. Within 10 minutes you've got the package the status of a package showes " Delivered" on the tracking site! It's strange it take 7 days, but that can be due flight plans and delivery routes in Sweden. Since Scandinavia is a small populated, I can imagine FedEx only deliveres on several days.

Don't you have a neighbor who can watch your house when you leave? Can't you contact the Fed Ex in Sweden? Maybe they can store the package at a distribution centre for local pick up. I had it once with my red DW-8140. It was returned to the distribution centre 30km from here, and I could pick it up so I could avoid it delivered again when nobody's home.

Cheers,

Sjors
    I have not yeat called FedEx but I e-mailed their customer service yesterday but have not gotten any reply yeat hopefully I will get a reply tomorrow. If not I will call them. But I dont want to have to pay any extra fee. The watch was $65 and the delivery is already $28 so if it will cost additional $20+ dollars then I think it will get abit expensive.

Do you have any experience with packages showing up earlier then in the tracking ifno?

The time in the tracking info is that the door delivery time or is it the time it arrives at the airport in your country?

That local pick up sounds interessting but I checked at the Swedish FedEx site and apparently they only have 3 offices in Sweden in the 3 major cities Stockholm Arlanda(near the airport) Malmö and Gothenburg. The Airport I am going to is Arlanda Swedens major airport that is huge. It is 240 KM (150 miles) form where I live in Örebro a city with 122.500 citizens. But the only info I could read about that office on FedEx site was that it was a place where you could leave your packages to send them. But do you think it is a place where one could also pick up a package?

After all it ought to be the office where packages arriving in Sweden is stored for pick up by a courier.

My concerns then about this option if it even is an option is that they closes at 6PM and also by that time I cant get it since I am then past checkpoints waiting for my flight. But if the package arrives earlier and clears custom then It might be possible to pick it up there. But I am not yeat sure if my mom that is driving the car is actually willing to hassle with this and lock for this place in Arlanda. She is often so stressed out and gets lost easily!:oops: :-X

And then if the package arrives earlier do you think it is possible to have it sent to the Terminal 5 building(foreign travells) where I will be by a courier?
    so that I can pick it up there after I have checked in my luggage?

Or is this change something that will cost me extra do you think?

If so that would be strange since it is much further away to have it sent to Örebro then to have it picked up localy at the Airport in Arlanda.

According to the latest tracking info my package is currently at a FedEx office in the Phillipines in SUBIC BAY FREEPORT PH. I guess all packages from Singapore to Europe goes trough this port!. Strange considering it is even further away from Sweden then Singapore it is going the wrong way!O|

Here is a couple of pictures:

This is Subic Airport where it is currently:

You can see a Fedex Flight there the bigger one rekognized by the blue tail(to small to see on this picture)

Here is the main cargo Fedex Office in Sweden at Arlanda where it will be delivered to I guess before a courier picks it up. This is the place I might consider picking my package up if possible.

Last edited by Joakim Agren; July 26th, 2006 at 05:37.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information