Make that 4 G's in ~1 month!!

Thread: Make that 4 G's in ~1 month!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Make that 4 G's in ~1 month!!

It's definitely a sickness. I recently retired my old G-Shock fleet. These are the newest ones for daily duty. I bought all three all within a month's time.

1. AWG101 (mid Oct- This was the catalyst)

2. Riseman GW9200

3. Mudman GW9000A (Did not sync it yet)

4. GW6900

Here's my small concern with the Mudman.
    Check out the gap where the band meets the body. It seems like the cover of the watch is slightly deformed. Will this be a problem? Can this be corrected down the line? The Mudman will most likely become my "beater" watch. I just want to make sure this isn't a huge manufacturer's defect.

Last edited by 021411; November 11th, 2009 at 00:21. Reason: Added pictures to first post and title change.

Suspended

Re: 3 G's in ~1 month (Question inside as well)

Are you talking about the slits? I think they are supposed to be there. Part of the pressure venting like that on the wave straps.

I guess I should highlight it somehow but look at the gap above the words TOUGH SOLAR. The joint between the band and the body.. Pay attention to the EL button as well. You can tell that the cover is deformed. Is this a problem?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i see the irregularities you're writing about. i think they are well within tolerences and several of my g's have small imperfections in the resin molding/fitting, too.

congrats on your new watches. did you get the standard black riseman or a special color?
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Thanks for the reply. I purchased the standard Riseman. I wanted the MIMB Riseman but it's too much for my blood and I couldn't justify the extra $100+ for it.

No, that won't be a problem. I see it pretty often. The Bezel is not always the exact size as the case it protects, so the Bezel is "deformed" a bit when the bezel screws are tightened. It's not a question of bad quality, either. There are factors in the molding process that changes the size a smidge as the material cools. Throw in varying materials, and you have these minor inconsistencies.

Here's one from mine. You'll notice how the bezel is likewise "squished" towards the case.

Not the best angle, but you get the idea.

cool, and come to think of it i think there have been a couple other new members this year that started (or renewed) their collection with the awg101. interesting!
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    I guess I should highlight it somehow but look at the gap above the words TOUGH SOLAR. The joint between the band and the body.. Pay attention to the EL button as well. You can tell that the cover is deformed. Is this a problem?
    This appears to be a normal characteristic of the resin material used. I checked several of mine and found the same thing. I'm confident it's not a problem or defect just the way it is.

Strap it on and enjoy it....

Cheers...

I got the same slit on my gw9000, no worries. Only looks pronounced because I have a less than 7" wrist.
    Couple of watches here and there

is that with you applying force to the band? I just checked mine if I force the band further than it suppose to go it "deforms" like that otherwise it is fine.
    MINE
    G shock Frogman GWF-1000-1JF *sold
    G Shock Mudman GW9000-1
    G shock Riseman MIMB Gw9200MBJ-1jf
    *sold*
    G shock Mudman MIMB GW9010MB-1jf *Sold*
    G shock GW6900b-1
    G shock GW6900A-7
    G shock GW7900B-1

G shock GXW-56E-1JF (The King (Blue)) *sold*
    Pathfinder PAG40-7V
    pathfinder pag240b