It makes no sense. None. The functionality is limited. They're overpriced. Few speak kindly, yet...
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: It makes no sense. None. The functionality is limited. They're overpriced. Few speak kindly, yet...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

It makes no sense. None. The functionality is limited. They're overpriced. Few speak kindly, yet...

I'm still drawn to the GA-1100-2A and GG-1100-1A5CR. With asthetics that appeal to me more so than their big brothers. But it's a shallow, purely physical, attraction.
    Last edited by m1ckDELTA; October 24th, 2017 at 23:39.
    Beingastan, Ragna and CanonMan like this.
    A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn), makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value, not something to be wasted.

A man wearing an ostentatiously expensive watch makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers little.

Re: It makes no sense. None. The functionality is limited. They're overpriced. Few speak kindly, yet

You can get a standard Rangeman for the same(if not less) price then one of those GG. They are all show and no go.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    Desert, Ragna and m1ckDELTA like this.

CC
    I had a GG for a week or two. Wore it a couple of times then sold it.

Having just got a GWG i'd say keep saving then buy the real deal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: It makes no sense. None. The functionality is limited. They're overpriced. Few speak kindly, yet

I've got a green Rangeman and a black Rangeman so I'm painfully aware of how little "go" these have but they look so good. I really don't like the look or size of the GWGs.
    A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn), makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value, not something to be wasted.

A man wearing an ostentatiously expensive watch makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers little.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckDELTA View Post
    I've got a green Rangeman and a black Rangeman so I'm painfully aware of how little "go" these have but they look so good. I really don't like the look or size of the GWGs.
    No arguments on the looks. And if they were $50-75 less, OR they were at least solar, the watch would be a no brainer. But it seems like if you got it, you would like it for week. Then the honeymoon would be over.

Plus, the more people that buy watches like that, just encourages Casio, that this junk is acceptable.

dont own an 1100, but i love my 2 GA-1000's.
    m1ckDELTA likes this.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    dont own an 1100, but i love my 2 GA-1000's.
    They're the previous versions with more features, right?

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckDELTA View Post
    They're the previous versions with more features, right?
    Of the 1000? Not sure if there were upgrades to the module. One thing is that I don't use all the features of a watch, I like looks, and need the time.

The 1100 I have always heard as the light version of the 1000. But, I'm not one of spec masters here, so,I will defer to those that are deeper into it than I.

Sent from Capt. Kirk's Communicator
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

If there was another khaki (a color I don't have yet) G-Shock that looked as good as this but wasn't dressed up t be something it's not I would probably be less smitten by these two, the GG in particular.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information