Malfuntion of CTL 1616 Battery

Thread: Malfuntion of CTL 1616 Battery

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Malfuntion of CTL 1616 Battery

Hi All,
    I've been reading topics in this forum about the malfuntion of CTL 1616 on G-Shock Tough Solar model or the need of Changing CTL1616. This makes me wondering how long does the CTL 1616 will actually last? Won't it be last forever? (Considering CTL1616 is a rechargeable battery)
    How do you compare to the model with 10 years battery? I think i'd choose tough solar model because i thought it would last longer than the 10 years battery life model but now i'm not so sure anymore...

I have a G-7301 for about 4 month now and the battery indicator shows "High" all the time and never had a problem with the battery or any other function..But now i'm worrying about my G-7301 battery life...

Could you guys help me with your information... :thanks

Re: Malfuntion of CTL 1616 Battery

Quote Originally Posted by fireball
    Hi All,
    I've been reading topics in this forum about the malfuntion of CTL 1616 on G-Shock Tough Solar model or the need of Changing CTL1616. This makes me wondering how long does the CTL 1616 will actually last? Won't it be last forever? (Considering CTL1616 is a rechargeable battery)
    How do you compare to the model with 10 years battery? I think i'd choose tough solar model because i thought it would last longer than the 10 years battery life model but now i'm not so sure anymore...

I have a G-7301 for about 4 month now and the battery indicator shows "High" all the time and never had a problem with the battery or any other function..But now i'm worrying about my G-7301 battery life...

Could you guys help me with your information... :thanks
    Hi fireball,
    Not thing will be last for ever except GOD! :-D . Battery fail? change it! fail again? change again! I have a thinking, but don't know everybody has the same thinking like me or not: "We will die before the watches"
    Rechargeable battery allows me abuse my EL and Alarm 20 times a day. 10 year battery? I have to limit on the usage. But anyway it is just a electronic device. And you know inside of electronic device should have some chemical components (like in the battery, capacitors, mercury relay, rubber etc.) --> chemical should be a volatile stuff.

Mechanical watch is last longer: (2 stories)

I have an Omega constellation, bought on 2000; keep running on my wrist or on the watch-winder if off-wrist. Now it is 7 years old already, and still keeping accurate time. I think after I die It keep going like that.

A police man shown me: his house was burned down, investigator said that inside the house temperature was over 1000 degree F, but his mechanical watch seamaster was still running after he found it.
    Last edited by eternatick; June 27th, 2006 at 08:51.

Banned

Hi fireball,

You are you doing buddy. As you can see there has been much talk about these cells. My guess is it may have been a bad batch or lot of these cells that made it thru quality . Some of the models that have had bad cells I myself own, and I have yet to have a problem with any of them, including my 7301 which I have had for a year now. If your battery charge indicator starts going towards low and won't hold a charge, then you will probably need to replace it . As long as it is at "High" all the time I think you should be ok .

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't know why people complain. I have GW-300. If you search forum, people say it's like always dying. However I have the watch for 3 years and it's still has battery indicator always on high. I hope it will last until 2039.

sak_collector

My GW-300 up and died one day. The battery indicator was always on full, but one day I push the light button and that killed it. Seems like this was a year ago maybe. Anyways, had a local jeweler replace the battery and it has worked fine since.
    Seems like the 300 is the most common model for this problem. I dont have any proof of that, just seems like it from what I have read.
    Anyways, hopefully the problem was bad cells and is taken care of.

i don't think every single CTL1616 used in tough solar Casio's are bad

so there should be plenty of good CTL1616 out there still running like a champ

and people won't keep on reporting in and saying that "my CTL1616 G is running well" if they have no problem with the cell

only people with CTL1616 problem will be writing and complaining about it, so that's all you will read about

so stop worrying about the the CTL1616 cell, wear the watch and be happy

if the cell does crap out, then that's when you can replace it with one of the following and be happy:

(1) DW9300/9350 Raysman
    (2) G2300/2310
    (3) GW200 Frogman (and the like)
    (4) Rolex GMT Master II (<-- no solar cell to crap out here :-D )

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92

so stop worrying about the the CTL1616 cell, wear the watch and be happy
    I totally agreee, Rechargeable will be failed sooner or later. Because electrical energy and chemical energy transform back and forward.

If the cell last too long may be the watch just stay in standby mode (just kidding)

My G-2800 CTL1616 failed on me twice! O| The batteries had been replaced twice under warranty... My G-2800 would perform flawlessly for 2 months or so,then the solar battery would give me problems again(eventhough the indicator indicates full charge)O| Problems included going into "charge-soon alert" for no obvious reasons,and "recovery" when d hourly signal sounds,not to mention when I pressed the EL button,it barely lit-up and went into "recovery" instead!O|

My G-2800 is in the service centre at the moment... Aarrghhh... The misery of living without my G...

Cheers,
    MountainMike

hi guys thanks for all your Comments,

Actually, my first consideration when I bought my G-7301 was because its solar so I tought that I would never have to replace the battery but I guess I was wrong.. :-S well I guess I have to get my self ready if one day I found that my G is dead...then its time for me to replace the battery...

Hopefully they have the replecement battery (CTL1616) because here in Indonesia its a little hard to find that kind of stuff. Maybe if one day I need to replace my Battery i'll just drop it in the casio headquarter here..

Right now, I'm planning to buy PRG-70 (I've discuss it in another thread) It also solar. Does it use the same battery with G-7301 (CTL1616)?

Thanks for your reply... :thanks

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

@ fireball,

your G-7301 is running flawless until now isn't it? so why do you bother about things which not even have happend yet? just because of a few dead rechargable batteries you read about? like stockae92 allready wrote, you only hear of this few bad cells. you don't hear about the ones which run perfectly and these are much, much more.

so just relax, get the watch(es) whatever you like and enjoy them. just my 2 cents...

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information