Man of Steel
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Man of Steel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Man of Steel

Well I am now!!

Some of you lovely f17ers will have read my recent thread asking about micro adjustable steel bracelets?

The reason for that question was because I've been the recipient of some spare wonga and wanted to treat myself to a decent watch. Decent as in the range of £200-300, nice looking and with solar and Bluetooth because I feel that BT is potentially going to be more practical than MB6. Also I was worried about a steel bracelet because I can never get them to fit comfortably!

So I've been scouring Casio stockist websites here in Blighty for a week or so now and although I wanted to settle on an Edifice, all the BT/solar models in my range had steel bracelets.

Ebay, however has come up trumps tonight!

Someone was selling his GST-B100-1AER after only a couple of months due to changing to a smart watch. This thing is virtually brand new and compared to website prices, I got it at a great price I think.

These have a great look to them, and with the features I want.

If anyone has one I'd love to hear your views.

So for £165 here are a few seller pics:

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    GaryK30, fish70, kubr1ck and 4 others like this.
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Re: Man of Steel

They nice solid chunk. Never been interested in this particular model but ...
    If you like style
    do not have small wrist
    It's a great watch. Price may be not 100% bargain but e-bay lately often worst than retail.
    Strap is comfortable and i would opt for strap model because it lighter.
    But that again my personal opinion.
    I have Edifice EQS 500 and i love seeing how hands move with the purpose while you change modes, 4 button layout is very convenient.
    It should be special!

At 165 pound UK , you can get something form Giez 1000/1100/1300/1400 or GW2000 lines which are tid bit smaller but function vise all the same sans BT
    It should be special!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1991 View Post
    At 165 pound UK , you can get something form Giez 1000/1100/1300/1400 or GW2000 lines which are tid bit smaller but function vise all the same sans BT
    I like the Giez models, but I definitely wanted BT, it seems like much easier option to me than MB6.

Price wise, I actually didn't think to scout eBay for other sellers of this model to compare this guy. Retail in the UK, these are going for anywhere from £254, so for a 2 month old watch what I paid seemed like a decent amount.

Rocket1991 likes this.

If size and styling are good for you, it's solid buy.
    G-Shock's are very comfortable and BT is kinda "new" thing.
    Considering Casio been doing it for past 7 years "new" .
    At some time all connectivity and other issues will be history and all you will have is a solid option to control your watch and set it in more convenient way.
    sodamonkey likes this.
    It should be special!

Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    I like the Giez models, but I definitely wanted BT, it seems like much easier option to me than MB6.

Personally, I prefer MB6. At my location it syncs successfully at least 90% of the time, and I don't need to depend on a separate device and app to make it happen.
    sodamonkey, Servus, WES51 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    Personally, I prefer MB6. At my location it syncs successfully at least 90% of the time, and I don't need to depend on a separate device and app to make it happen.
    I get where you're coming from GaryK30, and it's funny really because I'm not exactly a world traveller who needs to make sure the watch is accurate all the time. But the fact that if/when I go abroad for a holiday, I can be comfortable in the knowledge that I can set the time extremely easily just by connecting the watch to my phone for an instant update.

This whole BT/MB6 lark has made us all lazy though, what did we ever do before such inventions??
    GaryK30 and Rocket1991 like this.

That looks great, and very clean. Congratulations!
    sodamonkey and Rocket1991 like this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

I get where you're coming from GaryK30, and it's funny really because I'm not exactly a world traveller who needs to make sure the watch is accurate all the time. But the fact that if/when I go abroad for a holiday, I can be comfortable in the knowledge that I can set the time extremely easily just by connecting the watch to my phone for an instant update.

This whole BT/MB6 lark has made us all lazy though, what did we ever do before such inventions??
    For traveling BT or GPS would be useful. For watches sitting in my house, MB6 works fine.

More than half of my watches don't have any way to set themselves automatically. For the accurate ones this is no big deal, but some of the others run pretty fast. I do like seeing the received indicator on those that have MB6.

Well I am now!!

Some of you lovely f17ers will have read my recent thread asking about micro adjustable steel bracelets?

The reason for that question was because I've been the recipient of some spare wonga and wanted to treat myself to a decent watch. Decent as in the range of £200-300, nice looking and with solar and Bluetooth because I feel that BT is potentially going to be more practical than MB6. Also I was worried about a steel bracelet because I can never get them to fit comfortably!

So I've been scouring Casio stockist websites here in Blighty for a week or so now and although I wanted to settle on an Edifice, all the BT/solar models in my range had steel bracelets.

Ebay, however has come up trumps tonight!

Someone was selling his GST-B100-1AER after only a couple of months due to changing to a smart watch. This thing is virtually brand new and compared to website prices, I got it at a great price I think.

These have a great look to them, and with the features I want.

If anyone has one I'd love to hear your views.

So for £165 here are a few seller pics:

Congrats Wear it in good health
    sodamonkey likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information