Manually Syncing Where There's No Signal

Thread: Manually Syncing Where There's No Signal

Manually Syncing Where There's No Signal

I was browsing through some Citizen watches and after clicking through a few other links got me to this old thread (not really old), jumped into it, tried and tested and worked flawlessly with my Rangeman. Going to try with the other atomics later tonight. Basically it's an iOS App that simulates the radio signal, for your atomic watches to sync. Just thought of sharing this, as I was really excited to discover it.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/bris...-762077-2.html

This is the app but you can only download through a Japanese iTunes Account.

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/jjy-...or/id431054911

Appended below instructions from Pee Dee and DR Da-da (credits to them):-

In preparation for purchasing a Citizen PMD56-2952 I took the time to successfully download the JJY simulator to my iPhone. Here's how I did it:

1. Logged into iTunes on my PC.
    2. Clicked on "View My Apple ID" located in the iTunes Store tab of the drop-down tool menu in the top left corner.
    3. Entered password in the pop-up window.
    4. Clicked on "Change Country or Region."
    5. Selected Japan, then clicked "Change."
    6. Clicked "Continue."
    7. Selected the box stating that I read the terms & conditions, then clicked "Agree."
    8. Without changing any other part of my address, I selected Tokyo as both the prefecture & city, then I clicked "Continue."
    9. iTunes then gives you an error message stating "The postal code must be valid (such as 460-9124)." I simply used the example they gave as my postal code, then clicked "Continue."

10. Clicked "Start Shopping."
    11. iTunes then opened their Japan store and I typed "JJY simulator" in the search window at the top right, then I pressed the Enter key on
    my keyboard.

12. Downloaded the app.
    13. Changed my country & address back to their original settings.
    14. Plugged my iPhone into the computer to load the app onto the phone.

That's it! Hopefully this will help others. Good luck!
    I followed it, downloaded, and it worked flawlessly. My multiband G's suddenly got a new life. Btw i switched my time zone to Tokyo for it to work, not sure if it will work with other zones.

Re: Manually Syncing Where There's No Signal

Ok done some testings and what this app does is that it broadcasts whatever time is on your iPhone as Japan time. So you must switch the time zone on the iPhone to Japan time before using it. Then the watch will pick it up as Japan time and adjusts your local time accordingly. I don't think this is true atomic time, but at least it syncs the watches.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I use time.is

Way easier and 100% correct when checked against atomic time.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hmm.. But this is using the auto/manual receive function on the multiband G's.. I'll try tonight to put all my multiband G's together and leave the app on for them to auto-sync.

Thread Information