Many Gs that are desirable...which are not so much

Thread: Many Gs that are desirable...which are not so much

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Many Gs that are desirable...which are not so much

I am sort of new to GS but what are the least desirables...what features were a flop, colors, useless items...may give me more education as to the G-Shock tradition. Please advise.

Re: Many Gs that are desirable...which are not so much

its all preference...not everyone has the same taste
    i <3 GSHOCKS
    gr8900a || g300-ml || ef-552
    dw6500 "skyforce" || gw410-tcj "triple crown" || gw7900rd-4 "men in burning red" || gd100-ns7 "nigel sylvester"
    gw9200-1 "bullbar riseman mod" || gd100-sc7 "black and blue mod" || gd100-1b "sf giants mod" || g9000mx-8 "poorman's miro mudman mod"

The Jason models are the least desirable! (I'm only joking guys but I felt like winding it up this morning, I can't wait to see the responses.)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As mentioned earlier, each individual has specific preferences...

However, I shall attempt to share some of mine!

In no specific order:

1. Auto EL... I just like that function, especially when the watch does not have a dedicated button for the EL...

2. With Auto EL, then I would prefer Tough Solar to go with it. Not a deal-breaker, but definitely smthg I would like...

3. Size... I like my watches/G-shocks CHUNKY and HUGE...

4. Dedicated button for the EL, I never thought much of this particular button UNTIL joining this forum...

5. World Time, preferrably with Dual Display... Cos I travel ALOT... and I need to keep track of timezones. I would really REALLY like to get a G which can show me GMT, Local Time for where I am at PLUS Local Time for my hometown... I dun even know if this function/display exists...

6. The ability to adjust the duration of the EL...

7. Color-combinations and quality of materials, matte vs glossy finish etc etc just pretty much depends on how it all comes together when I see the watch for the very first time...

Just my 2 cents worth...

Cheers!!!
    Last edited by ericng79; July 13th, 2011 at 20:46.

Hi,
    tough question. I can only judge more or less by the models I sold. I sold all my Mudmen (G-9000, GW-9000, GW-9010) because of the buttons. I sold the G-5500, GW-6900 because of the basic module that doesn't show time in other modes (timer, stopwatch). I had a Riseman - sold it - bought another one - sold it - the buttons are annoying, and the overall build quality just doesn't seem to be in the same league as other models. Sold my G-7900-3ER because of squeaking buttons - same with the DW-6900MS. Sold the GWX-5600B-7 because of inferior negative LCD and the buttons which were a PITA to use. Sold my MRG modells because they are to chunky and heavy. Sold my DW-8200s - also too big and heavy and not very comfortable on my wirst. Sold my G-7700 because of the shiny bezel ring (still got 5 other G-7710s however - module is great!). Sold the DW-5600MS because I just like the DW-5000SL more - on that one the steel case is not too heavy. Sold the GA-100-1A because of the button protectors and inferior negative display. Sold the GW-2000 because of the slow reaction when making adjustments. Sold the GL-7500 - buttons are not perfect and timer too short. Sold my DW-6600 - just didn't get enough wristtime.
    That's about it.
    So mostly I sell watches because of the following reasons:
    - button design not perfect
    - squeaking resin bezels/buttons
    - features/functions
    - negative LCDs (some are better - some are really, really bad)

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Hi,
    tough question. I can only judge more or less by the models I sold. I sold all my Mudmen (G-9000, GW-9000, GW-9010) because of the buttons. I sold the G-5500, GW-6900 because of the basic module that doesn't show time in other modes (timer, stopwatch). I had a Riseman - sold it - bought another one - sold it - the buttons are annoying, and the overall build quality just doesn't seem to be in the same league as other models. Sold my G-7900-3ER because of squeaking buttons - same with the DW-6900MS. Sold the GWX-5600B-7 because of inferior negative LCD and the buttons which were a PITA to use. Sold my MRG modells because they are to chunky and heavy. Sold my DW-8200s - also too big and heavy and not very comfortable on my wirst. Sold my G-7700 because of the shiny bezel ring (still got 5 other G-7710s however - module is great!). Sold the DW-5600MS because I just like the DW-5000SL more - on that one the steel case is not too heavy. Sold the GA-100-1A because of the button protectors and inferior negative display. Sold the GW-2000 because of the slow reaction when making adjustments. Sold the GL-7500 - buttons are not perfect and timer too short. Sold my DW-6600 - just didn't get enough wristtime.
    That's about it.
    So mostly I sell watches because of the following reasons:
    - button design not perfect
    - squeaking resin bezels/buttons
    - features/functions
    - negative LCDs (some are better - some are really, really bad)

cheers, Sedi

Picky bast..d!

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post
    Picky bast..d!
    I sure am - and it gets worse the longer I collect .

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    I sure am - and it gets worse the longer I collect .

cheers, Sedi
    No complain in G7900 series? good...
    Current: Longines Hydroconquest L3.642.4; G-shock G7900-4 (black modded),

Quote Originally Posted by flori78 View Post
    No complain in G7900 series? good...
    I sold my 1st one because of squeaking buttons but kept the second one. The strap pulls hairs from time to time though - because of those wings underneath the strap. So I might sell it sooner or later.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by ericng79 View Post
    As mentioned earlier, each individual has specific preferences...

However, I shall attempt to share some of mine!

In no specific order:

1. Auto EL... I just like that function, especially when the watch does not have a dedicated button for the EL...

2. With Auto EL, then I would prefer Tough Solar to go with it. Not a deal-breaker, but definitely smthg I would like...

3. Size... I like my watches/G-shocks CHUNKY and HUGE...

4. Dedicated button for the EL, I never though much of this particular button UNTIL joining this forum...

5. World Time, preferrably with Dual Display... Cos I travle ALOT... and I need to keep track of timezones. I would really REALLY like to get a G which can show me GMT, Local Time for where I am at PLUS Local Time for my hometown... I dun even know if this function/display exists...

6. The ability to adjust the duration of the EL...

7. Color-combinations and quality of materials, matte vs glossy finish etc etc just pretty much depends on how it all comes together when I see the watch for the very first time...

Just my 2 cents worth...

Cheers!!!
    +1
    Last edited by darkito12; July 13th, 2011 at 13:54.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information