Many Thanks to Leon Eckell

Thread: Many Thanks to Leon Eckell

Many Thanks to Leon Eckell

Yes, “WUS Man of the Year”, Leon Eckell, has done it once again. If you remember, I posted a thread last week, about my need for watches with multiple alarms, so that I remember to take my medication every day. Leon quickly PM’d me, saying that he had a Casio non-G-Shock, with no strap or spring bars, sitting in a box unused. He asked if I’d like it, as it had multiple alarms.

I thankfully took Leon up on the offer, and the watch arrived a couple days ago. To my amazement, this is no ordinary Casio. This is an all-steel, ion plated, Tough Solar and Waveceptor Casio. Nice and chunky on the wrist too. After a quick visit to a watch repair shop, the watch is once again fully functional, with spring bars and a new black Hadley-Roma strap. The multiple alarms now have me taking my noon-time meds, catching my bus home at night, and taking my 11:00PM meds.

Thank you, Leon. Your kindness is very much appreciated. The watch will be put to very good use.

It’s people like Leon, that make WUS so great!

Re: Many Thanks to Leon Eckell

I'll stand in the line and take my hat off for Leon, he set good examples for us all to follow!
    It looks like a really cool model and nice that you can set the alarms for your so much needed musts.
    Nice choice with the strap also.
    /CutePape
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.” - James Byron Dean

Nice watch.

care to share the model # I want one.

What a great forum.
    Matt

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The back of the watch says WVQ-500. It is a very nice watch. Two orange LEDs illuminate the dial. Solid feeling and chunky case.

I am quite glad you got it quickly. You are quite welcome for it. I was not using it and I figure whats the point of letting it gather dust in a watch box when I can give it to somebody who will use it. What I liked about it was that Casio finally made a Atomic dress watch that was not cheap or plasticy. This watch is a solid metal cased watch with a metal case back plate held on by 4 screws (so metal case, metal screws and metal case back, I have never seen that one before)

Cheers

Leon

Quote Originally Posted by wristrested View Post
    Nice watch.

care to share the model # I want one.

What a great forum.

It is now discontinued at Casio but Penney’s still has a supply that they have discontinued and were at last glance selling for $140 plus tax, so check it out.

Leon, if you keep this up, you might end up being nominated for Sainthood! You're a fine human being, thanks for setting a great example for us!

Thread Information