"Master of G" Collector's Resource - Page 2
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: "Master of G" Collector's Resource

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: "Master of G" Collector's Resource

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys, keep it coming. I'll be making edits tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    I took more of a closer look at it, and here are a few thoughts.

In the main "Capabilities" chart, it might be nice to add "Sunrise/sunset" as an item in the chart. It is a valued feature for many, but not found in a large number of Gs. (Rangeman, GWN-Q1000 has it, & offhand can't think of others)

In the "Capabilities" chart, it might be nice to somehow add a column for "special features" that can be explained in more detail elsewhere - perhaps at the bottom of the chart? For ex, the Rangeman has a one-touch, 1,000 hr stopwatch. Also, the Rangeman, and the GWN-Q1000 (and the GWF-D1000 Frog) have the ability to do "Time Stamps" - or, just records of current readings in the sensor modes. (might be nice to see "Time Stamps" as another column in the chart - also very few Gs have this but it is very nice to have)

For the Frogman - suggest that you put all of the GWF-D1000 models on a separate tab... They DO have the depth meter feature, while the GWF-1000 model does not. Also re. the Frog - neither the GWF-1000 nor the GWF-D1000 Frogs have an altimeter or barometer. And the GWF-1000 models do not have a compass. The GWF-D1000 does have a compass, but its other sensors besides bearing are for temperature, and pressure (for the depth meter, does not work above water).

For the GPW-1000, I see one version that I'm aware of that is missing. The GPW-1000RAF-1AJR. Limited Ed, don't believe it is produced anymore.

Great work!!!
    wish i scrolled down further in this thread before spending awhile typing almost everything identical to your post t4pn! lol

- combining mudman and mudmaster under mudmaster is definitely confusing and incorrect.
    - you have gwd d1000 for the new frog, it should be gwF d1000.
    - using the heading "gravity master" is a bit confusing too, it covers a huge range of analog and ana-digis but i dont think any actually have the branding on it, its kind of a vague category for marketing purposes, most ive never seen referred to in the sense of "master of g" series. if you want to keep it, youll need to at least add the ga1000 and the gwa1000 and probably the gw3000 and gw4000
    - the standard 1000 frog doesnt have triple sensor, there is also a gf1000 non multiband version. likewise for the 9300 mudman. you might also want to include the specs for the gf82*0 frogs since thats your lead image and the limited section is full of them
    - page is borked for me too, i get "tideg" and the rest cut off. using firefox on win8.1

excellent work otherwise man
    Time4Playnow likes this.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Excellent effort! Adding to the points by SBM - you have missed out the G9000 Mudman - the 9000 and 9300 should be categorized together, separate from the Mudmasters the most affordable among all Masters of G! A
    Last edited by kmbijit; October 21st, 2016 at 09:12.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just updated the guide to have a separate section for the Mudman and it's related models. Working on fixing up the Frogman section next...
    Skeptical likes this.

Nice work. Question: is the Gulfman sort of the odd ball of the bunch? I don't see it discussed as much as the rangeman, mudman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job - well done

Wow, you have done a really great job of that, it looks very professional!

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuddy View Post
    Question: is the Gulfman sort of the odd ball of the bunch? I don't see it discussed as much as the rangeman, mudman.
    There were only 3 models of the Gulfman (G9100, GW9100, GW9110) and all three have been discontinued. And that, if we are not taking into account the vintage model, DW9700.

I guess functionally the Gulfman was made redundant, but I always liked it. Good size, good functions. But I sold both of mine a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kmbijit View Post
    There were only 3 models of the Gulfman (G9100, GW9100, GW9110) and all three have been discontinued. And that, if we are not taking into account the vintage model, DW9700.
    There is also a GR-9110, which seems to be a non-atomic GW-9110.

Why do you think the GW-9110 is discontinued? It still seems to be widely available, although in the U.S. it's only available as a JDM model.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information