Mastermind GWF-1000 Frogman Heads Up - Page 4
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Mastermind GWF-1000 Frogman Heads Up

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Mastermind GWF-1000 Frogman Heads Up

Quote Originally Posted by cs12 View Post
    Heres a Citizen one if you are intersted

Concept Shop Online
    I was going to buy this, it looks awesome, titanium, and atomic....decided to get two gshocks instead haha

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    I was going to buy this, it looks awesome, titanium, and atomic....decided to get two gshocks instead haha
    $4000 usd for base titanium and it's not even a screw down case back? Citizen using base titanium is what led me to G-Shocks. The company went downhill a bit, IMO. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
    $4000 usd for base titanium and it's not even a screw down case back? Citizen using base titanium is what led me to G-Shocks. The company went downhill a bit, IMO. :(
    that website is overpriced, msrp is 2692 USD. Sorry for the ignorance, but what is the difference between base titanium and I guess non base titanium?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

that website is overpriced, msrp is 2692 USD. Sorry for the ignorance, but what is the difference between base titanium and I guess non base titanium?
    Base titanium is a base metal with a titanium outer coating. It's noticeably heavier and relatively the same price as solid titanium. I wonder if Citizen is getting out of the solid titanium game if they don't use it on this $2700 piece?

Base titanium is a base metal with a titanium outer coating. It's noticeably heavier and relatively the same price as solid titanium. I wonder if Citizen is getting out of the solid titanium game if they don't use it on this $2700 piece?
    Thanks for the info. I have a citizen chronomaster that I believe is base titanium, purchased in 2010 I think by the original owner, I will check when I get home :).

That is not correct. The watch is all Titanium. It says base because this watch has had the Citizen Duratect treatment which means the outer surface layer of the Titanium will be 4 to 5 times harder than SS.

The higher end Citizens tend to have this more expensive treatment.

Mitch

Agreed but resell for MMJ usually is overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post
    That is not correct. The watch is all Titanium. It says base because this watch has had the Citizen Duratect treatment which means the outer surface layer of the Titanium will be 4 to 5 times harder than SS.

The higher end Citizens tend to have this more expensive treatment.
    Interesting. So the low end Citizen models marked the same way with 'Base Titanium' are coated in the same method? Sorry but I disagree

Mitch, check out this $147 Citizen, marked 'Base Titanium' on the case back (I'm looking at the watch as I type this). Are you saying this model and all others marked in such ways are treated with Duratect treatment? Because I find that hard to believe. I was taught that Base Titanium is not solid titanium and indeed uses a base metal of some sorts to cut costs (being that titanium is man-made and becoming more expensive to produce).Citizen Men's BM8290-05E Eco-Drive Titanium Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

Mitch, check out this $147 Citizen, marked 'Base Titanium' on the case back (I'm looking at the watch as I type this). Are you saying this model and all others marked in such ways are treated with Duratect treatment? Because I find that hard to believe. I was taught that Base Titanium is not solid titanium and indeed uses a base metal of some sorts to cut costs (being that titanium is man-made and becoming more expensive to produce).Citizen Men's BM8290-05E Eco-Drive Titanium Watch: Watches: Amazon.com
    That watch has not had the Duratect treatment but for sure is all Titanium. The Mastermind is marked as Duratect on the back.

I think you are getting mixed up with cheap watches which sometimes say 'base metal with SS back' or something similar.

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch100; October 1st, 2012 at 22:27.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information