matte black paint for bezel

Thread: matte black paint for bezel

matte black paint for bezel

i tried stealthing the bezel on my black dw6900 today, with goof off. the red letters came off after 30 minutes. after 5 hours of constant soaking in goof off, scrubbing hard with a toothbrush over and over, picking at the letters with toothpicks/safety pin, soaking in near boiling water, rinsing and scrubbing with hot water and soap, soaking in nail polish remover and so on... the white letters are only 90% gone. so i'm giving up on trying to remove the leftover paint. very disappointed.

please recommend me the best matte black paint for a resin bezel, preferrably in a small tube, and where to buy it. i would only use it for a few tiny letters and the rest will go to waste. i live in USA. thanks.

Banned

Re: matte black paint for bezel

I simply painted over the grey-ish letters on a GW-5600 with an ink pen. You know the G2 ink roller kind. Took two minutes and the paint is still there after half a year or so.

I am VERY surprised to hear you had such a hard time to get the paint off. Oftentimes it comes off with just a toothpick. No need to go to these harsh methods you've done. That's surprising.

There is a rather waterproof model air plane paint. Name starts with a T. Don't recall the full name. But if you search the forum for "paint" and check out the FAQ section you will find the answer.

Till

Testors model paint. You can find it in most hobby/craft stores.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

thanks. i don't want to use pen ink because i think it would turn purple and shiny in the sunlight.

model paint it is.

What about dying the whole bezel matte black? More resistant to chipping and fading plus more consistent too~Cheers!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by takenick View Post
    thanks. i don't want to use pen ink because i think it would turn purple and shiny in the sunlight.

model paint it is.
    Nick, mine didn't and I live in Texas. The watch lives in a glass top box by the window and gets a regular full Texas sun bath outside. No color change so far. Try it out. You can't lose anything. If you don't like it the model paint will cover it up fully.

SL, thanks for chiming in with the paint name.

BTW, the pen I used was a uni-ball Vision micro, which I found at the university. It's from Japan. They are famous for good quality ink pens.

It is MUCH easier to use that than the model paint.

Till

just do the nail polish accetone trick.. worked great for me
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/how...ock-68211.html

No problem Till!

Quote Originally Posted by Beau8 View Post
    What about dying the whole bezel matte black? More resistant to chipping and fading plus more consistent too~Cheers!
    Dye actually doesn't do a very good stealthing job when it comes to covering up painted letters. You would think that the paint would totally soak up the black coloring, but no. It just gets a few shades darker (white will become gray, etc). There's been a few threads where people have tried to dye white painted G-Shocks and it just doesn't work well.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Banned

OT. Love the avatar, Simon. One of the best I've seen here. Still laughing every time I see it. Especially if it appears together with my little Rambo.

Till

Thread Information