A matter of manliness.
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: A matter of manliness.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A matter of manliness.

I really love the big G's as I wear my GXW-56-1B non stop but what I really want, be it Casio Edifice which I've seen a few nice ones or another brand of a Solar Atomic analog watch that is either stainless or titanium all the way around. I really like the faces of the Edifice so something along those lines and with a modest price tag of no more that $500 really.

Hail to the King, baby.

Re: A matter of manliness.

Addition, I had seen a EQW-500 or the likes which is beautiful but it's atomic is only 60 and 77 kHz or whatever for Germany and Japan or UK. Will the 60khz from that pick up on the 60khz at Fort Colins?

Hail to the King, baby.

Well all the new full metal analogue G Shocks are out of your price range as are the Oceanus. You can find some great Edifice well within your price range though.

You need to look at all the current models to see what takes your fancy.

Alternatively you could pick up a second hand Oceanus like this. Hardened titanium with a hard wearing IP finish, sapphire, solar/atomic, slim, elegant and with good functions, it even has an analogue Tide Graph!

Mitch
    Chrisek likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post
    Well all the new full metal analogue G Shocks are out of your price range as are the Oceanus. You can find some great Edifice well within your price range though.

You need to look at all the current models to see what takes your fancy.

Alternatively you could pick up a second hand Oceanus like this. Hardened titanium with a hard wearing IP finish, sapphire, solar/atomic, slim, elegant and with good functions, it even has an analogue Tide Graph!

Mitch
    Thanks Mitch. That's very nice but I prefer the silver look versus black coated or ionized steel or titanium just for the sole fact over time knicks etc. will show silver anyway, but also personal preference of wanting silver vs black anyway. Thanks again though and great looking Oceanus. Does it come in silver? What model is that?

Hail to the King, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkill View Post
    Thanks Mitch. That's very nice but I prefer the silver look versus black coated or ionized steel or titanium just for the sole fact over time knicks etc. will show silver anyway, but also personal preference of wanting silver vs black anyway. Thanks again though and great looking Oceanus. Does it come in silver? What model is that?

It is the Oceanus M700 and it does come in silver.

Mitch
    KillaSkill likes this.

This is the edifice I'm looking at. But it only says the bands for UK and Germany. But the UK is 60khz and so is Fort Colins so I'm wondering if it'll pick it up here. Anyone from the states of up here in Canada have one of these picking up atomic time?

Hail to the King, baby.

Sorry, got excited. Here is the pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hail to the King, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkill View Post
    I really love the big G's as I wear my GXW-56-1B non stop but what I really want, be it Casio Edifice which I've seen a few nice ones or another brand of a Solar Atomic analog watch that is either stainless or titanium all the way around. I really like the faces of the Edifice so something along those lines and with a modest price tag of no more that $500 really.
    If you really like the size of the GXW56 then you might want to make sure to try a few Edifices on before you buy. They are significantly smaller and thinner. I have tried most of the recent Edifices on and they are way too small for me (I too love my 56). I am sure many would disagree but its just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by hhtatum View Post
    If you really like the size of the GXW56 then you might want to make sure to try a few Edifices on before you buy. They are significantly smaller and thinner. I have tried most of the recent Edifices on and they are way too small for me (I too love my 56). I am sure many would disagree but its just my opinion.
    Thanks, I have a Timex from Walmart a few years ago, maybe 2009, and it was "fashion" or whatever, no idea of the model but it is still a nice fit, yes smaller and thinner but still a nice "larger" dress like watch. So I'm thinking this won't be as much of a shock as one would think.

Hail to the King, baby.

Also I saw the mm dimension differences and at one point it's nearly 10mm less than the GXW but I simply love the face and band of that EQW500

Hail to the King, baby.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information