Md-703s-7av

Thread: Md-703s-7av

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Md-703s-7av

Mod please remove if not appropriate as this is a review of a non G-Shock Casio. Ok here goes:

MD-703S-7AV
    Module: 394

Technical Specification:

Launched: 1988/5/1
    Titanium Ion Plated Case, Screw Lock Crown, Mineral Glass, 3 Hands: Hour Minutes Seconds, Day-Date Display (English or Spanish), Quartz, 200m Water Resistant
    48mm at largest point
    22mm at lugs

3 models: Black, White and Black with gold highlights.

This review is the white model.

As we can see from the photos, this is a large watch. The white dial is no longer white but is a bit off white. The day and date is at the 3 o'clock position. Adjustment of the day and date is clockwise date and anti-clockwise the day. The day alternates between English and Spanish during adjustments. The date changes at midnight while the day changes between 1am to 4 am.

Lume? Well the watch has lost some of it's lume and the at max the lume last about an hour. The bezel rotates anti-clockwise as any normal diver's watch does. It takes 60 clicks to a full turn of the bezel. The case looks like it is made of 3 parts, with 8 screws holding 2 parts together at the 2, 4, 8 and 10 o'clock position. This design has a drawback as the bezel cannot be rotated as easy or full rotation can't be had. The caseback is a screwback. The case is Titanium Ion Plated (similar to PVD?) and the caseback is Stainless steel. The markings on the case back are: Casio, Module no, Model No, Stainless Steel and Water Resistant around the center. In the center is the Serial no and Japan K.

The crown is the screwdown type crown and is large and easy to use. Crown shoulder protectors are provided.

This watch no longer has the original band. It is fitted with the AMW320 Series Black Resin Band. The original band is textured internally while the new band has the anti-slip ridges at the side of the band. The band is made in Japan as is the buckle. The watch itself is not heavy to wear and the strap is comfortable. The strap is slightly wider then the standard DW-5600E strap. It is smooth on the outside and ridged on the inside. Internal markings :200 F2 on both strap. The buckle has a little lip at the tang rest.

It is indeed a beautiful watch and the 'wabi' are all over the place. This is one piece the I will keep for a long time. Current auction places the watch at about USD270.

Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by TheHobbit; August 21st, 2008 at 15:38. Reason: spelling

Re: Md-703s-7av

Nice review of an interesting watch.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

sml

Wow .. nice review! Not a bad watch either.
    Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice review

MD-703 is actually on my wishlist as well, nice looking watch.

I like those.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

That is a sweet looking Casio!
    Casio G-Shock - GW-5600J
    Doxa - SUB300 Sharkhunter 50th Anniversary
    Rolex
    - Submariner 16610
    Vostok Amphibia - 090660

Enjoyed the review. Thanks for sharing it with us. You don't see the white or the black and gold versions of that watch too often so it's great to see all those pics and read your impressions.

That is one sweet watch and a great review. Thanks for posting and I am envious of that watch!
    Regards from Texas,

Larry C

Nice one The Hobbit. Thanks for the detailed post and photos.

Very nice- I'm, currently attempting to restore a "basketcase" 300 meter similar version of that watch. I hope to get it back soon and share some pics.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=169489
    Last edited by Valaker; August 21st, 2008 at 16:48.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information