Meh thwarted at Duty Free.
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Meh thwarted at Duty Free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Meh thwarted at Duty Free.

Not happy bunny this morning.

Lots of positive noises were being made by my new wife about at least getting up close to the Gs at Gatwick duty free this morning but due to excess faffing we arrived at the terminal 5mins before the gate closed!

Not a happy bunny.

I suspect Tenerife duty free is pretty poor in comparison. Looks like the name continues.....

:banghead:

Sent through Tapatalk on HTCs Desire.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

Re: Meh thwarted at Duty Free.

I was in Gatwick two weeks ago....I did not know there is a Gshock shop there....thanks god I saved some money!

Can't you just visit it on your return?
    Watchshock Collection (minus a few models that are missing from the website):
    http://watchshock.com/collection/3498/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was at Malaga airport a few weeks back where a shop stocked around a dozen G Shocks. The one that stood out for me was my own GW2500bd which they had priced at €325!! (I know it's now discontinued, but it was no bargain!)
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Ah no there is no specific G shop but the duty free shop was selling (apparently) the Ga-100 standard version for £70 which is a good deal since there's no shipping.

Oh well, I am still on a high from recent arrivals so no great harm in guess.

Sent through Tapatalk on HTCs Desire.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

LUW

Quote Originally Posted by andrew&7 View Post
    Oh well, I am still on a high from recent arrivals so no great harm in guess.
    And are you planning on going on another honeymoon anytime soon again? No? I thought so, so get yourself a new watch, even if it's not a G.
    Duty Free, street store, whatever, GET ONE.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Anything that strikes your fancy. It will forever be the one "i got on our honeymoon" so make sure you like it!
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Andrew, if it's any consolation, I think if you're going off to Tenerife it still counts as EU travel (Spain?), therefore you wouldn't be eligible for a VAT saving...

On the subject of airport G shopping, although there's no G shock shop, I did see a decent selection at London Heathrow Terminal 5 when I was last there in May this year. Current MT-G models, Aviators (I think there was a 4000 orange there), Giez...etc. most notably there was a GW-9300 Atomic Mudman - which is the only place in the UK I've seen the atomic model being sold!

Only thing is that you have to fly BA to check out the duty free at T5 :)

Although they still don't compare to a proper Casio shop, the most impressive selection of Gs at an airport I've found has been at Hong Kong international airport (on my return to the UK normally)...I remember seeing models like the 9300 Mudman, 1B and orange Kings, newer G Lide models, a healthy selection of 5600s and 6900s in various colours... best thing is, most are laid out in their tins on a shelf for you to try on at your leisure. Of course, I would expect a lively showing of Gs at a Japanese airport like Narita, but never been...anyone checked that out?

I didn't see many shops at Narita. All I bought was a big bunch of Lucky Cats key chains and a rice triangle with tuna, as I still had a lot of yens
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    and a rice triangle with tuna
    The phrase 'rice triangle' is extremely enjoyable for some reason.

It really should be a geo-political area, or a band, or something...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information